NMHC and NAA joined trade associations in a letter to congressional leadership asking that COVID-19 relief legislation include a provision enabling taxpayers to take deduction for expenses funded by forgiven Paycheck Program Protection Programs.
At time of publication, 683 organizations are supporting the effort. In addition, Reps. George Holding (R-NC), Lizzie Fletcher (D-TX), and Drew Ferguson (R-GA) sent a letter to leadership (attached) with 179 members in support.
While the Treasury Department has, unfortunately, taken the position that expenses funded by forgiven PPP loans are not tax deductible, NMHC and NAA are supporting a legislative fix to address this issue. For more information on this topic, please visit the NMHC Advocacy webpage.
- ACTION Coalition Letter to Treasury Regarding Community Development Tax Incentives
- Treasury Updates ERAP Disbursement Data—More than $25 Billion Spent Across Both ERA 1 and ERA 2
- Real Estate Coalition Letter Regarding the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recover Fund (SLFRF) Housing Credit
- Supreme Court Blocks Biden Vaccine Mandate
- Treasury, IRS Issue Guidance Related to LIHTC Relief Requirements