In response to the recent introduction of the Choice in Affordable Housing Act, NMHC led a coalition of real estate groups in sending a letter to the Senate signaling support for the bill’s passage.
As previously reported, this bipartisan legislation would invest $500 million in the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) program to help break down barriers for housing provider participation and, therefore, increase participation in “high-opportunity neighborhoods.”
“We have long-supported the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program, which provides rental subsidies to approximately two million very low-income households who obtain housing in the private rental market,” our coalition letter reads. “We strongly support the Choice in Affordable Housing Act which authorizes and directs additional resources to attract and retain landlords in the HCV program.”
For years, NMHC has advocated for HCV Program reforms, and we will continue to work with lawmakers to ensure the passage of this critical legislation. For more information on NMHC’s Section 8 HCV program advocacy work, please visit our webpage.
- Real Estate Industry Letter to HFSC Urging Support of Respect State Housing Laws Act
- NMHC-NAA Statement for House Financial Services Subcommittee Field Hearing on Status Quo Housing Policy
- Housing Affordability Coalition Letter to Senate in Support of H.R. 7024
- Coalition Letter to HUD on Changes to Methodology for Calculating Section 8 Income Limits
- Coalition Letter to FTC on Rental Housing Fees