Given the importance of on-site internet access for apartment residents — 94% of residents surveyed ranked high-speed internet as the top apartment feature — telecommunications issues are one of NMHC’s top priorities.
We have participated in numerous proceedings before the FCC, including several recent efforts that threaten existing communications contracts between service providers and property owners without evidence of a market failure or actually addressing barriers to broadband deployment.
This overview identifies the key issues before the FCC that affect apartment owners and provides information on their current status.
Full Document2019 Apartment FCC Telecommunications Issues
- Help Send NMHC to Austin!
- San Francisco Files Appeal of FCC Preemption of Wire-Sharing Rule
- FCC Preempts San Francisco’s Article 52 and Seeks Input on MDU Triple Play Agreements, DAS Arrangements, and Rooftop Leases
- NMHC's Kevin Donnelly Appointed to FCC Working Group
- The FCC’s Confusing Attempt to Change a San Francisco Law