Given the importance of on-site internet access for apartment residents — 94% of residents surveyed ranked high-speed internet as the top apartment feature — telecommunications issues are one of NMHC’s top priorities.
We have participated in numerous proceedings before the FCC, including several recent efforts that threaten existing communications contracts between service providers and property owners without evidence of a market failure or actually addressing barriers to broadband deployment.
This overview identifies the key issues before the FCC that affect apartment owners and provides information on their current status.
Full Document2019 Apartment FCC Telecommunications Issues
- Legislation that Creates Federal Data Privacy Standard Advances to Senate
- NMHC NAA Comments to FCC on Digital Discrimination
- Bipartisan Lawmakers Release Federal Data Privacy Bill That Would Have Impact on Multifamily Data Practices
- NMHC Responds to SEC’s Proposed Cybersecurity Risk Management and Disclosure Rule
- FCC Adopts New Rule Impacting Multifamily Broadband