Beginning with the enactment of the National Energy Policy Act of 2005, Congress has provided several energy tax incentives of interest to multifamily firms. Although the original set of incentives were set to expire on December 31, 2008, subsequent congressional action has extended and, in some cases, expanded their availability.
This overview document details the three main incentives of interest to apartment firms and offers additional resources for firms that would like to take advantage of them.
Full DocumentMultifamily Resource Energy Efficiency Tax Incentives
- Joint Comments on Proposed Action on Furnace to Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Senate Finance Committee Task Forces Focus on Expired Tax Provisions
- Apartment Industry Calls for Renewal of Tax Provisions Designed to Spur Energy Efficiency
- NMHC and NAA 179D Letter to Senate Finance Committee Cost Recovery Task Force - June 2019
- Updates to ENERGY STAR® Metrics With New Market Data