Beginning with the enactment of the National Energy Policy Act of 2005, Congress has provided several energy tax incentives of interest to multifamily firms. Although the original set of incentives were set to expire on December 31, 2008, subsequent congressional action has extended and, in some cases, expanded their availability.
This overview document details the three main incentives of interest to apartment firms and offers additional resources for firms that would like to take advantage of them.
Full DocumentMultifamily Resource Energy Efficiency Tax Incentives
- NMHC Pushes Back On Extraneous, “Non-Energy” Provisions Included Proposed Clean Energy Legislation
- NMHC Weighs in on Building Energy Performance Legislation
- House Energy Commerce Committee Introduce CLEAN Future Act, Laying Marker for Ambitious Climate Goals
- Congressional Funding Bill Addresses Multifamily Priorities
- Bipartisan Tax Measure to Spur Energy Performance Upgrades Introduced