Beginning with the enactment of the National Energy Policy Act of 2005, Congress has provided several energy tax incentives of interest to multifamily firms. Although the original set of incentives were set to expire on December 31, 2008, subsequent congressional action has extended and, in some cases, expanded their availability.
This overview document details the three main incentives of interest to apartment firms and offers additional resources for firms that would like to take advantage of them.
Full DocumentMultifamily Resource Energy Efficiency Tax Incentives
- Updates to ENERGY STAR® Metrics With New Market Data
- Sustainability – A 21st Century Definition and Approach
- Important Expansion Coming to National Green Building Standard
- NMHC/NAA Coalition Letter Urging Senate to Restore Provisions to the Tax Extenders Bill
- Multifamily Industry Calls on Congress to Make Energy Efficient Home Tax Credit Permanent