The multifamily digital landscape has been radically transformed by the ‘Great App Explosion,’ presenting both unprecedented opportunities and challenges.
For multifamily operators, navigating this explosion is essential to maintaining a competitive advantage and delivering superior resident experiences.
To evaluate the influence and effectiveness of the proliferating use of applications shaping customer touchpoints within multifamily, NMHC and RealFoundations partnered to launch the 2023 Customer Experience (CX) Technology Survey.
Questions within the survey focused on technologies which support the customer journey, such as:
- How many applications are operators managing throughout the customer journey?
- Which customer touchpoints do companies view as being the most impactful customer service opportunities?
- What customer touchpoints are currently automated? What are the obstacles to automating additional touchpoints; time, money, resources, expertise, human-first culture, etc.?
- When a new application is added to the stack, are goals or desired outcomes defined? What are the most pressing goals?
- How are companies measuring the impact of applications on the customer experience? On internal operations?
The multifamily industry is at a critical point for technology adoption and customer experience enhancement. The underlying goal of the survey was to delve deeper into the applications used to improve the customer journey, along with the management and performance measurement of the technology, and ultimately empower owners and operators to enhance their technology capabilities, irrespective of their scale or resources.
This document is a resource for NMHC members. NMHC Members – please log in to download this report.