Welcome to NMHC's listserves. These e-mail discussions offer members a forum for exchanging ideas and thoughts, and provide answers to questions and challenges faced by fellow members.
The listserves are open to any employee of an NMHC member firm. We currently have three active lists:
- Human Resources
- Emergency Preparedness (covering natural disasters, pandemics/outbreaks, terrorism and more)
These frequently asked questions will help you participate in the lists. If you have additional technical questions, though, please contact Susan Yuk, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How do I sign up?
- How do I send a message?
- What are my options for receiving listserve messages?
- How do I set, manage or change my subscription settings for the listserve?
- How do I leave the listserve?
- How do I view the listserve archives?
- I’m having problems with the listserve. What should I do?
- I still have questions, who can I contact?
- To participate in the listserves, you must have a members only account on the NMHC web site. If you do not have an account, you can create one by visiting www.nmhc.org/Create-Account.
- Once you have an account, log in to it at www.nmhc.org/My-Account.
- Select the Communication Options and Professional Info tab.
- From there you can check the box to subscribe to NNHC listserves.
Note: It may take up to five business days to register your subscription. (Also, please note that the subscriber list is audited regularly to verify membership. Non-members will be removed from the listserve.)
- Once you have subscribed, you can send a message via your email or via the web interface.
- To send a message via email, use the email address "list name"@lists.nmhc.org (e.g., email@example.com.)
- To send a message the via the web site, visit the Subscriber’s Corner at http://lists.nmhc.org/scripts/wa-NMHC.exe. You will need a password to log in to the site. Your listserve password is not the same as the password for your NMHC account.
A few tips on sending/responding to listserve emails:
- If you subscribe to the daily digest version, please do not resend a digest back to the e-mail list. It is better to simply cutting and pasting the relevant parts of the digest into your response.
- Using the reply button in your e-mail application will automatically send your response to the entire list.
- To reply directly to a member of the list, forward the e-mail and copy and paste his or her e-mail address into the "To" line.
- Identify yourself with a signature tag in all messages. Include your name, association, location, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- You can opt to receive messages as individual emails as they are submitted to the listserve or you can opt to receive a daily digest of all the emails sent on a given day in one transmission. See here for information on how to set your preference.
- To set your preferences for the listserve, visit the Subscriber’s Corner at http://lists.nmhc.org/scripts/wa-NMHC.exe to change your subscription settings.
- Select “Settings” next to the listserve name to view and update your delivery settings.
- You can modify your delivery settings for each listserve you subscribe to.
- Log in to www.nmhc.org/My-Account and click on the Communication Options and Professional Info tab to unsubscribe to NNHC listserves.
- It may take up to five business days to register your subscription modification.
- Visit http://lists.nmhc.org/scripts/wa-NMHC.exe to view the archives. You may need to set up a password to view the archives. This is not related to your NMHC account user credentials.
- If you have any problems with a particular list, please do not post them to the list. Your List Manager, Susan Yuk (firstname.lastname@example.org ) is at your disposal for this very purpose. Please contact her first.
- For technical questions, please contact NMHC’s Susan Yuk at email@example.com.
- For content-related questions about the Human Resources listserve, please contact Betsy Feigin Befus at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For content-related questions about the Research listserve, please contact Caitlin Walter at email@example.com.
- For content-related questions about the Emergency Preparedness listserve, please contact Kevin Donnelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.