NMHC/NAA are urging the agency to reassess the significant economic impact of the rule. Importantly, only properties that have been tested according to the approved federal protocol, and found to be free of lead paint, are exempt from the rule’s requirement.
- Real Estate Coalition Amicus Brief in Support of EPA Lead Hazard Level Definition
- GAO Releases Report on Lead Testing for Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program Properties
- EPA Directed to Re-Open Rulemaking for Lead Hazard Level Definitions
- EPA Tightens Lead Dust Limits for Pre-1978 Residential Properties and Child Occupied Facilities
- New Federal Plan to Reduce Childhood Lead Exposure