The Senate and House Appropriations Subcommittees scheduled hearings on April 2 and 10, respectively, to review the Administration’s FY 2015 budget proposal. HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan is presenting the Administration’s plan. The budget proposal has short funded the Housing Assistance Payment contracts in the Section 8 Project-Based Rental Assistance Program (PBRA) by splitting the funding for the contracts over two fiscal years. The program provides rental subsidies to about 18,000 properties which are home to 1.3 million residents.
NMHC/NAA are part of a coalition of real estate groups that have sent letters to both the Senate and House expressing support for fully funding HUD’s PBRA program. The letters urge appropriators to reject the calendar year funding method proposed by the Administration.
Date Posted: April 3, 2014
- Source of Income Laws By State, County and City
- Senator Harris Introduces Renter’s Tax Credit
- HUD Releases Housing Choice Voucher Research
- Funding for the Section 8 Tenant-based and Project-based Rental Assistance Approved
- HUD Announces Dramatically Reduced Timelines for Subsidized Housing Inspections