Employment and Immigration
Here is a summary of NMHC’s research and information on Employment and Immigration.
NMHC joined over 103 businesses, associations, and other stakeholders in writing Department of Labor (DOL) Acting Secretary Julie Su to urge the Department to abandon, or at least postpone, issuance of proposed changes to the regulations governing the exemptions to federally mandated overtime pay under the Fair Labor Standard Act (FLSA).
NMHC joined a diverse group of business interests on a letter pushing back against the Joint Employer proposed rule released earlier this year. This rule was released after the Biden Administration negated a similar effort supported by NMHC under the Trump Administration.
More information on immigration reform, in addition to the NMHC/NAA viewpoint.Read More
- Construction Industry Coalition Letter to House and Senate Judiciary Committees on H-2B Legislation
- PPWO Coalition Letter to DOL on Overtime NPRM Extension
- Partnership to Protect Workplace Opportunity (PPWO) Coalition Letter on DOL Overtime Rule
- Construction Industry Letter Regarding H-2B Provisions in Omnibus Spending Bill
- Coalition Letter in Support of Save Local Business Act