January 29-31, 2019
Manchester Grand Hyatt
San Diego, CA
Add to Calendar
01/29/2019 05:00 AM
01/31/2019 05:00 AM
2019 NMHC Annual Meeting
San Diego, CA
The NMHC Annual Meeting is the multifamily industry's premier event featuring NMHC's exclusive networking opportunities with industry leaders, along with in-depth sessions on market intelligence and business strategies to ensure your success for the coming year. Open to members only. Separate registration is required from the Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference.
You do not want to miss the NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference preceding the Annual Meeting. The conference opens with a Networking Reception on Monday followed by a full day of trends, statistics and powerful business insight into what lies ahead for the economy and our industry. This meeting is open to members and non-members and requires separate registration from the Annual Meeting.
NMHC Women's Event
January 28, 1:30 - 4:15 p.m.
All women registered for the NMHC Annual Meeting or Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference are invited to attend the 2019 NMHC Women’s Event featuring Arianna Huffington, Founder & CEO of Thrive Global and Co-Founder & former Editor-in-Chief of the Pulitzer-winning Huffington Post. Whether you’re an industry executive with an expansive network or newer to the industry and establishing relationships, this is an opportunity to network with women leading the rental apartment industry to the future. Separate registration is required for each event.
Special Session: We Won! Now What?
January 31, 12:00 - 3:00 p.m.
The industry won a major victory on Prop 10 in California, but that hasn’t stopped similar initiatives in other states. Multifamily owners, operators, and developers are facing increasing pressure from all levels of government due to housing affordability concerns. State and local policy makers are faced with constituencies still feeling the tailwinds of the Great Recession and are looking for solutions to ease housing concerns in their communities.
NMHC invites all owners, developers and operators of apartment communities registered for the Annual Meeting to an interactive deep-dive discussion about the role of our industry in addressing housing affordability and what solutions the industry needs to help promote going forward. Led by NMHC President, Doug Bibby, the facilitated dialogue will also help inform NMHC’s development and analysis of advocacy solutions for future efforts. Annual Meeting registrants should RSVP here by January 18 for this private event. Lunch will be provided.
Michael C. Bush Great Place to Work
Jim Gaffigan Comedian, Actor, Writer & Producer
Preliminary Agenda At-A-Glance
|Monday, January 28|
|Noon - 7:00 p.m.||Registration/Social Lounge/Charging Station|
|1:30 - 4:15 p.m.||2019 NMHC Women's Event
Open to women registered for the 2019 NMHC Annual Meeting and Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference. Separate registration required.
|6:00 - 7:30 p.m.||Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference Opening Reception
(Separate registration required)
|Tuesday, January 29|
|6:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.||Registration/Social Lounge/Charging Station|
|7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference
(Separate registration required)
|8:00 .a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||"Networking on the Lawn" Area|
|12:00 - 1:15 p.m.||Diversity & Inclusion Committee Meeting|
|3:00 - 4:00 p.m.||Committee Meetings:
|4:00 - 5:00 p.m.||Executive Committee Meeting
Speaker: Carol Galante, I. Donald Terner Distinguished Professor of Affordable Housing & Urban Policy and Faculty Director, Terner Center, University of California, Berkeley
|5:00 - 6:00 p.m.||Emerging Leaders Meet & Greet|
|5:00 - 6:00 p.m.||NMHC PAC Appreciation Event (By Inivitation Only)|
|6:00 - 7:30 p.m.||Opening Reception|
|Wednesday, January 30|
|7:00 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.||Registration/Social Lounge/Charging Station|
|8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.||"Networking on the Lawn" Area|
|8:00 - 9:00 a.m.||NMHC Board of Directors Meeting with Breakfast|
|8:30 - 9:15 a.m.||Breakfast Social|
|9:15 - 11:45 a.m.||General Session|
|Noon - 1:15 p.m.||Lunch on Own|
|Noon - 1:15 p.m.||Emerging Leaders Lunch|
|1:30 - 2:30 p.m.||Tax Committee Meeting|
|1:30 - 2:45 p.m.||Concurrent Sessions|
|3:00 - 4:00 p.m.||
|3:00 - 4:15 p.m.||Concurrent Sessions|
|4:15 - 5:15 p.m.||
|4:15 - 5:30 p.m.||NMHC PAC Committee Meeting|
|5:30 - 6:30 p.m.||Chairwoman's Reception (By Invitation Only)|
|6:30 - 7:30 p.m.||Annual Dinner Reception|
|7:30 - 9:30 p.m.||Annual Dinner
Entertainment: Jim Gaffigan, Grammy nominated comedian, actor, writer & producer
|Thursday, January 31|
|7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Wellness Event|
|7:00 - 11:30 a.m.||Registration/Social Lounge/Charging Station|
|8:00 - 9:15 a.m.||NMHC PAC Recognition Breakfast
Speaker: Nathan Gonzales, CNN Political Analyst and Editor & Publisher, Inside Elections with Nathan L. Gonzales
|8:15 - 9:15 a.m.||Breakfast Social|
|9:30 - 11:30 a.m.||General Session
Speaker: Michael C. Bush, CEO, Great Place to Work
|Noon - 3:00 p.m.||Special Session: We Won! Now What?
(Open to owners, developers & operators registered for the 2019 NMHC Annual Meeting)
Note: Agenda subject to change. Check back periodically. Please be aware that photos may be taken at the meeting and posted online.
NMHC’s Annual Meeting is open to NMHC members. Meeting attendance fees or waivers do not include hotel room charges. The registration policy is as follows:
- NMHC Executive Committee Members: receive three (3) complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700 each until January 11, and $900 each thereafter
- NMHC Board of Directors Members: receive three (3) complimentary registration and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700 each until January 11, and $900 each thereafter
- NMHC Advisory Committee Members: receive two (2) complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700 each until January 11, and $900 each thereafter
- 2019 Chairman's Circle Sponsors ($50,000 or more): receive six (6) additional complimentary registrations and may register two (2) additional representative for a fee of $700 each until January 11, and $900 each thereafter
- 2019 Friends of the Council ($25,000 minimum): receive four (4) additional complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700 each until January 11, and $900 each thereafter
- Meeting Sponsors ($10,000 minimum): receive one (1) additional complimentary registration
Note: Networking passes will be available for purchase beginning early December. An email with the official date will be sent to all members this fall.
Member registration is contingent upon dues being current. NMHC reserves the right to close meeting registration should interest exceed availability.
Please note: Registrations and changes received after January 23 (including on-site registrations) may not be reflected on the NMHC attendee lists.
Meeting Cancellation Policy
Meeting cancellations must be sent in writing to NMHC. Written requests for meeting cancellation refunds received by December 14 are entitled to a full refund, minus a processing fee of $250. No meeting cancellation refunds will be granted after December 14.
Please contact NMHC’s Membership Department at 202/974-2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding registration.
In order to make a hotel reservation request, you will need your Meeting Registration Confirmation Code found on your meeting registration confirmation.
NMHC uses a centralized hotel reservation system to manage hotel reservations for all of our attendees at the NMHC Annual Meeting and the NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference.
- Individuals must be registered for the meeting before making a hotel reservation request.
- Upon registering for the meeting(s), you will receive a meeting registration confirmation email which contains a meeting registration confirmation code required to make your reservation request.
- If you registered for both the Annual Meeting and the Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference, please use your Annual Meeting registration confirmation code to facilitate your hotel reservation request. Only members registered for the Annual Meeting (does not include the Emerging Leader slot or Networking Passes) are eligible to stay in the main conference hotel.
- Hotel reservation requests will be acknowledged within 24 hours and confirmed within 14 business days. Note: there will be a longer processing period during the initial rush to book rooms in July/early August.
- All hotel reservations will require a pre-charged deposit for confirmation. Please expect this to be charged to the credit card placed on the reservation around the first week of September. All cancellations made after December 14 will entail a forfeiture of a deposit equal to two nights rate (plus taxes).
- Canceling your meeting registration will result in your hotel room reservation being automatically canceled.
- Company room blocks are not permitted.
Group Room Rates
For your planning purposes, the starting group room rates for the NMHC Headquarter and Official Hotels are listed below:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt: standard room rates start at $259 per night.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay Downtown: standard suites start at $285 per night
- Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina: standard room rates start at $319 per night
- Springhill Suites San Diego Downtown: standard suite rates start at $229 per night
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter: standard room rates start at $299 per night
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter: standard room rates start at $265 per night
Please note: The group room rates are special rates for NMHC's attendees that are only available if you make your reservation through the housing conmpany.
The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, located at 1 Market Place, is approximately 3 miles from San Diego International Airport (Lindbergh Field). For those of you arriving by air, you have the following alternatives for ground transportation:
- San Diego taxi service is available from the lower level curb of all terminals at the San Diego International Airport. The cost is approximately $10-13 each way and will take approximately 10-12 minutes, depending on traffic.
- An alternative to taxi service is taking a shared airport shuttle service such as SuperShuttle. The cost is approximately $9 per person each way for shared ride service. SuperShuttle also offers nonstop rides and ExecuCar at higher rates. For more information or reservations, call SuperShuttle at 800/258-3826 or visit online. Note: the shuttle may make multiple stops.
- For attendees driving to the Manchester Grand Hyatt, valet parking is $49 per night and self-parking is $35 per night.
- Please note that shuttle service will NOT be provided between the NMHC official hotels and the Manchester Grand Hyatt due to the close proximity of these hotels and the available San Diego public transportation.
Please contact Lacey Rimoli-Wiesel at email@example.com or by calling 954/404-8252 should you have questions regarding hotel information. Please call the NMHC office at 202/974-2300 for all other questions.
NMHC thanks our generous sponsors!
BMO Capital Markets
Camden Property Trust
Capital One Multifamily Finance
Cushman & Wakefield
Greystar Real Estate Partners
Humphreys & Partners Architect, L.P.
Hunt Mortgage Group
Institutional Property Advisors, a division of Marcus & Millichap
KeyBank Real Estate Capital
Lincoln Property Company
M&T Realty Capital Corporation
Marcus & Millichap
Moran & Company
Newmark Knight Frank
The NRP Group
PNC Real Estate
Red Capital Group
Spectrum Community Solutions
Trammell Crow Residential
Walker & Dunlop
Additional Meeting Sponsors
Heritage Title Company of Austin
Maintenance Supply Headquarters
Sponsorship Opportunities & Benefits:
Sponsorship opportunities are designed to help your company maximize your investment and increase your visibility at the meeting. The minimum sponsorship for this meeting is $10,000. Sponsorships are available to NMHC members only.
Benefits apply to the 2019 NMHC Annual Meeting only and include:
- Company logo published on the conference web page.
- 1 free registration for the 2019 NMHC Annual Meeting.
- Recognition in promotional marketing materials and e-mails related to the conference (print and digital).
- Company logo included on the sponsor recognition signage displayed at the conference.
- Company logo included in the meeting’s official printed agenda.
- Company logo and brief company description included within the sponsor module of the official Conference App.
- Company logo displayed in the scrolling PowerPoint presentation shown before the start of each general session at the conference.
- Opportunity to submit a request to host a subgroup event at the Manchester Grand Hyatt. (Note: A Subgroup Event Request Form must be completed and submitted.)
- Option to send a piece of company literature to the sponsored meeting for display in the registration area of the conference. (Note: One piece of literature per sponsor company may be displayed. Literature should be sent directly to a representative from your company to place on the literature table. Please contact the hotel for shipping address and possible fees.)
- Other benefits as included with the individual item selected to sponsor. (Note: Additional benefits may apply and will vary depending on the individual opportunities selected. Individual item benefits are detailed under each meeting/item.)
To confirm sponsorship, please complete and submit the 2019 Sponsor Contract. Select “Individual Meeting Sponsor” on the form.
Exhibits are not available at the 2019 NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference or the 2019 NMHC Annual Meeting.
For sponsorship related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Member firms who have used all of their 2019 NMHC Annual Meeting registration slots based on membership level and/or sponsorship support can purchase Networking Passes for $375.00 each.
Networking passes allow additional colleagues from member firms and corporate event coordinators to be on the hotel premises during the Annual Meeting and for the onsite corporate events.
All individuals must display an official NMHC meeting badge to be allowed on the hotel grounds. Modification or alteration of Networking Passes is prohibited. No corporate or custom badges will be permitted on the premises. Security will prohibit any individual without an official NMHC meeting badge from accessing the NMHC meeting and event areas.
Official NMHC meeting badges are only available to:
- Full registrants for the Annual Meeting and Annual Meeting Emerging Leaders
- Networking Pass registrants
Please note, registrants of the 2019 NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference must have a full registration to the Annual Meeting/Annual Meeting Emerging Leader or an Annual Meeting Networking Pass to remain on the grounds after 5:00 pm Tuesday, January 29, 2019.
Non-members are not allowed to purchase Annual Meeting Networking Passes or full registrations and will not be allowed on hotel grounds during the Annual Meeting.
Networking Passes will be permitted in the following areas:
- NMHC Networking on the Lawn
- Hotel grounds
- Firm-hosted corporate events held at the meeting site
Networking Passes are not allowed to attend:
- NMHC Meeting Sessions
- NMHC Committee Meetings
- NMHC Breakfasts, Receptions and Dinner
Networking Pass Registration Policies
- The individual must be an employee of an NMHC member firm in good standing.
- Only member firms that have used all Full registration slots will be eligible to register additional staff for the Networking Pass registration category. Individuals interested in a Networking Pass should check with their firm’s lead or alternate contact to verify that all Full registration slots have been used before registering.
- Modification of Networking Passes is prohibited. Anyone found obscuring or altering a badge will be asked to surrender their badge and leave the premises.
- Networking Pass registrations from a member firm which has not fulfilled all Full registration slots will automatically be cancelled.
- Refunds for cancellations will not be granted for Networking Pass registrations.
- Complimentary Networking Pass registrations are not available based on membership level or sponsorship support.
- Networking Pass registrants may make arrangements for their accommodations using the NMHC centralized hotel reservation system. Instruction on how to make reservations will be included in the meeting registration confirmation email. Rooms are very limited. Should a room not be available through the centralized hotel reservation system, registrants may place themselves on the centralized hotel reservation waitlist and/or make their own hotel reservation at other hotels in the area.