January 28-29, 2019
Manchester Grand Hyatt
San Diego, CA
Add to Calendar
01/28/2019 05:00 AM
01/29/2019 05:00 AM
2019 NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference
San Diego, CA
Get the presentations from the 2019 NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference
Login is Required
The market keeps on keeping on for multifamily. Last year’s speculation about tax reform was just a small hesitation for the market, as 2018 turned out to be another strong year for multifamily:
- Demographic and economic trends continued to support demand for apartments
- Rent growth and absorption remain strong
To carry on course, the outlook for 2019 is about foresight and purpose for project investment. At the 2019 Apartment Strategies Outlook conference, developers and managers will find ways to leverage these market trends into sound business strategies.
The NMHC Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of the year where NMHC members come together to network with their colleagues.
- The meeting will include informative sessions led by industry leaders; insight into what is happening on Capitol Hill, strategies for success in changing times, and fun-filled social events.
- This meeting is open to NMHC members only and requires separate registration from the Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference.
In addition, all women registered for the 2019 NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference or Annual Meeting are invited to attend the 2019 NMHC Women’s Event featuring Katie Couric, an award-winning journalist, cancer advocate, documentary filmmaker and New York Times best-selling author of The Best Advice I Ever Got: Lessons From Extraordinary Lives.
Whether you’re an industry executive with an expansive network or newer to the industry and establishing relationships, this is an opportunity to network with women leading the rental apartment industry to the future.
Separate registration is required for the NMHC Annual Meeting and the Women's Event.
Registration Note: Online registration closes January 23. Registrations and changes received after January 23 (including on-site registrations) may not be reflected on the NMHC attendee lists. Once online registration has closed, all registrations can be processed onsite in San Diego once NMHC registration opens at noon, Monday, January 28. Please check the Agenda tab for onsite registration hours.
Joseph Coughlin, PhD Founder & Director, MIT AgeLab, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Norm Miller Hahn Chair of Real Estate Finance, University of San Diego
Preliminary Agenda At-A-Glance
|Monday, January 28|
|Noon - 7:30 p.m.||Registration|
|1:30 - 4:15 p.m.||2019 NMHC Women's Event
Open to all women registered for the NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference and Annual Meeting. Separate registration required.
|6:00 - 7:30 p.m.||NEW! Opening Reception|
|Tuesday, January 29|
|6:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.||Registration|
|7:00 - 8:00 a.m.||Breakfast Social|
|8:00 - 9:30 a.m.||Welcome and 2019 Economic and Market Outlook|
|9:35 - 10:15 a.m.||Keep Calm and Carry On: Investors Face a Less Certain Market|
|10:15 - 10:30 a.m.||Networking Break|
|10:30 - 11:15 a.m.||Money, Money Everywhere: A Capital Markets View of Access to Capital|
|11:15 a.m. - Noon||Crosswind Factors: Developers Face Shifting Market Conditions|
|Noon - 1:15 p.m.||Networking Lunch|
|Noon - 1:15 p.m.||Diversity & Inclusion Committee Meeting (All NMHC members are welcome)|
|1:15 - 2:10 p.m.||Guest Speaker: Joseph F. Coughlin, Ph.D., MIT AgeLab|
|2:15 - 3:00 p.m.||The Future is in the Air: Talent Management Strategies for a Tight Labor Market|
|3:00 p.m.||Conference Program Adjourns|
|3:00 - 5:00 p.m.||NEW! Networking on the Lawn Area|
Note: Agenda is subject to change. Check back periodically for updates. Please be aware that photos may be taken at the meeting and posted online.
Online registration is now closed.
Please visit onsite registration which opens January 28 at 12:00 pm.
NMHC’s Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference is open to NMHC members and non-members. Conference attendance fees or waivers do not include hotel room charges. The registration policy is as follows:
- NMHC Executive Committee Members: receive three (3) complimentary registrations and may register additional representatives for a fee of $600 each until January 11, and $800 each thereafter
- NMHC Board of Directors Members: receive one (1) complimentary registration and may register additional representatives for a fee of $600 each until January 11, and $800 each thereafter
- NMHC Advisory Committee Members: may register representatives for a fee of $600 each until January 11, and $800 each thereafter
- Non-Members: may register representatives for a fee of $1200 each until January 11, and $1400 each thereafter
- 2019 Chairman's Circle Sponsors ($50,000 or more): receive six (6) additional complimentary registrations
- 2019 Friends of the Council Sponsors ($25,000 minimum): receive four (4) additional complimentary registrations
- Conference Sponsors ($10,000 minimum): receive one (1) additional complimentary registration
Member registration is contingent upon NMHC membership dues being current. NMHC reserves the right to close meeting registration should interest exceed availability.
Please note: Online registration closes January 23. Registrations and changes received after January 23 (including on-site registrations) may not be reflected on the NMHC attendee lists. Once online registration has closed, all registrations can be processed onsite in San Diego once NMHC registration opens at noon, Monday, January 28. Please check the Agenda tab for onsite registration hours.
Meeting Cancellation Policy
Meeting cancellations must be sent in writing to NMHC. Written requests for meeting cancellation refunds received by December 14 are entitled to a full refund, minus a processing fee of $250. No meeting cancellation refunds will be granted after December 14.
Please contact NMHC’s Membership Department at 202/974-2300 or email@example.com for information regarding registration.
In order to make a hotel reservation request, you will need your Meeting Registration Confirmation Code found on your meeting registration confirmation.
NMHC uses a centralized hotel reservation system to manage hotel reservations for all of our attendees at the NMHC Annual Meeting and the NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference.
- Individuals must be registered for the meeting before making a hotel reservation request.
- Upon registering for the meeting(s), you will receive a meeting registration confirmation email which contains a meeting registration confirmation code required to make your reservation request.
- If you registered for both the Annual Meeting and the Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference, please use your Annual Meeting registration confirmation code to facilitate your hotel reservation request. Only members registered for the Annual Meeting (does not include the Emerging Leader slot or Networking Passes) are eligible to stay in the main conference hotel.
- Hotel reservation requests will be acknowledged within 24 hours and confirmed within 14 business days. Note: there will be a longer processing period during the initial rush to book rooms in July/early August.
- All hotel reservations will require a pre-charged deposit for confirmation. Please expect this to be charged to the credit card placed on the reservation around the first week of September. All cancellations made after December 14 will entail a forfeiture of a deposit equal to two nights rate (plus taxes).
- Canceling your meeting registration will result in your hotel room reservation being automatically canceled.
- Company room blocks are not permitted.
Group Room Rates:
For your planning purposes, the starting group room rates for the Official NMHC Hotels are listed below:
- Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay Downtown: standard suites start at $285 per night
- Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina: standard room rates start at $319 per night
- Springhill Suites San Diego Downtown: standard suite rates start at $229 per night
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter: standard room rates start at $299 per night
- San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter: standard room rates start at $265 per night
Please note: The group room rates are special rates for NMHC's attendees that are only available if you make your reservation through the housing conmpany.
The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, located at 1 Market Place, is approximately 3 miles from San Diego International Airport (Lindbergh Field). For those of you arriving by air, you have the following alternatives for ground transportation:
- San Diego taxi service is available from the lower level curb of all terminals at the San Diego International Airport. The cost is approximately $10-13 each way and will take approximately 12 minutes, depending on traffic.
- An alternative to taxi service is taking a shared airport shuttle service such as SuperShuttle. The cost is approximately $9 per person each way for shared ride service. SuperShuttle also offers nonstop rides and ExecuCar at higher rates. For more information or reservations, call SuperShuttle at 800/258-3826 or visit online. Note: the shuttle may make multiple stops.
- For attendees driving to the Manchester Grand Hyatt, valet parking is $49 per night and self-parking is $35 per night.
- Please note that shuttle service will NOT be provided between the NMHC official hotels and the Manchester Grand Hyatt due to the close proximity of these hotels and the available San Diego public transportation.
Please contact Lacey Rimoli-Wiesel at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have questions regarding hotel information. Please call the NMHC office at 202/974-2300 for all other questions.
Sponsorship opportunities for the Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference are now closed.
NMHC thanks our generous sponsors!
Greystar Real Estate Partners
Institutional Property Advisors
JBM Institutional Multifamily Advisors
Marcus & Millichap
MEB Management Services
PNC Real Estate
Exhibits are not available at the 2019 NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference or the 2019 NMHC Annual Meeting.
For sponsorship related questions, please contact email@example.com.