Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
Join us for the 2019 NMHC Student Housing Conference taking place October 14-16, 2019 at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile.
This is the premier event for Student Housing professionals bringing together over 825 leaders from all facets of the sector including owners, operators, investors, lenders, and university partners.
The conference features the industry's best and brightest minds, all at one event, delivering the knowledge, tools, programs and connections necessary for leaders to shape their future success and the future of our industry.
Open to NMHC members and non-members, this is a must-attend event whether you are an industry veteran, new to the sector, or seek exposure and access to industry decision makers.
NMHC’s Student Housing Council is the leading advocate for the privately-owned student housing sector encompassing off-campus student housing and on-campus public-private partnerships. NMHC's Student Housing Council works to develop best practices, benchmarking and other informational resources. It also recommends programming for NMHC's annual Student Housing Conference.
NMHC’s Student Housing Conference is open to NMHC members and non-members. Conference attendance fees or waivers do not include hotel room charges.
The registration policy is as follows:
- NMHC Executive Committee Members: receive three (3) complimentary registrations and may register additional representatives for a fee of $600 each, until September 13, and $800 thereafter
- NMHC Board of Directors Members: receive one (1) complimentary registration and may register additional representatives for a fee of $600 each, until September 13, and $800 thereafter
- NMHC Advisory Committee Members: may register representatives for a fee of $600 each, until September 13, and $800 thereafter
- 2019 Chairman's Circle Sponsors ($50,000 or more): receive six (6) additional complimentary registrations
- 2019 Friends of the Council ($25,000 to $49,999): receive four (4) additional complimentary registrations
- 2019 Student Housing Conference Sponsors ($10,000 to $24,999): receive one (1) additional complimentary registration
- Non-Members: may register representatives for a fee of $1,200 each, until September 13, and $1,400 thereafter
Member registration is contingent upon dues being current. NMHC reserves the right to close meeting registration should interest exceed availability.
Meeting Registration Transfer/Cancellation Policy
Meeting registrations may be transferred to another employee at your firm (exclusions may apply). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the original registrant and the substitute.
Meeting registration cancellations must be sent in writing to NMHC, emails to email@example.com accepted. Written requests for meeting cancellation refunds received prior to ten (10) business days before the start of the meeting are entitled to a full refund, minus a processing fee of $250. No meeting cancellation refunds will be granted within ten (10) business days prior to meeting commencement.
Please contact NMHC’s Membership Department at 202/974-2300 or firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding registration.
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
540 North Michigan Avenue (Main Driveway located on N. Rush St.)
Chicago, IL 60611
NMHC has set aside a block of rooms for meeting attendees with a cut-off date of Tuesday, September 24. Room reservations should be made directly with the Chicago Marriott Downtown online or by calling 877/303-0104 and asking for the NMHC Student Housing Conference rate. The group room rates start at $269 single/double occupancy per night (plus applicable taxes).
Wait List Instructions: We expect the hotel block to fill-up. If you are unable to secure a room reservation at the Chicago Marriott Downtown, please ask the reservations agent to add you to the hotel waitlist. Attendees will be assigned rooms on a first come, first serve basis as we receive openings within the hotel.
Cancellations: We anticipate selling out our entire room block at the group rate at the Chicago Marriott Downtown. If your plans change and you need to cancel your group rate reservation there, please contact Sarita de la Torre at email@example.com before canceling with the hotel so she may reassign your room to another NMHC member on the hotel's wait list, if needed. Please include the reservation name(s), reservation date(s), and hotel confirmation number in your email. If you simply need to change the name or dates on an existing reservation, please contact the Chicago Marriott Downtown directly at the phone number above. To cancel attendee registrations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Don't get lured in. In the past, sleeping room wholesalers have contacted attendees offering great deals on hotels for the NMHC Student Housing Conference. While it is not illegal for a travel firm or booking agent to solicit potential customers, it can be difficult to determine the legitimacy of offers from these organizations. Those who opt for alternatives to the NMHC negotiated rates may find themselves at risk. NMHC reminds its attendees/exhibitors that we have no affiliation with any of these room brokers.
The Chicago Marriott Downtown is approximately 15 miles from Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and 12 miles from Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW). For those of you arriving by air, you have the following alternatives for ground transportation:
- A taxi from O’Hare Airport will cost approximately $42 each way and will take approximately 30 minutes, depending on traffic. A taxi from Midway Airport will cost approximately $40 each way and will take approximately 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
- An alternative to taxi service is GO Airport Express, a shared ride service that may make multiple stops. The cost to/from O’Hare Airport is $34 each way. For Midway Airport, the cost starts at $28 each way. For more information or to make a reservation, call 773/247-1200 or visit the GO Airport Express website.
- For attendees renting a car, please note the major car rental companies are located at O’Hare Multi-Modal Facility. Shuttles to the facility operate 24-hours and pick-up from the Lower Level (Baggage Claim) curb front. At Midway Airport, the car rental offices are located at Midway’s Rental Car Facility. Shuttles to the facility operate 24 -hours and pick-up approximately every 15 minutes outside the Lower Level Door #2.
- For attendees driving and parking at the hotel, valet parking is offered at a cost of $61 per night. In addition, offsite self-parking is available at a cost of $48 per night.
For Hotel Information: Contact Sarita de la Torre at email@example.com
For Registration: Call 202/974-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All Other Questions: Call the NMHC office at 202/974-2300
NMHC thanks our generous sponsors!
American Campus Communities
D12 Commercial Interiors
DMG Investments LLC
GMH Capital Partners
Greystar Real Estate Partners
Institutional Property Advisors
KeyBank Real Estate Capital
KTGY Architecture + Planning
Marcus & Millichap
M&T Realty Capital Corporation
TSB Capital Advisors
Walker & Dunlop
Sponsorship opportunities for the NMHC Student Housing Conference are open to NMHC members only and all sponsorship levels. If a company is not already a Chairman’s Circle or Friends of the Council sponsor, the minimum sponsorship level is $10,000.
All NMHC Student Housing Conference sponsorships include the following benefits:
- One (1) free conference registration (Individual Conference Sponsors only. Benefit does not apply to Chairman's Circle or Friends of the Council sponsors.)
- Company logo and listing published on the conference web page.
- Recognition in promotional marketing materials and e-mails for the meeting.
- Company logo included on sponsor recognition signage prominently displayed on-site.
- Company logo included in the meeting’s official print on-site agenda.
- Company logo and brief company description included within the sponsor module of the official Conference App.
- Company logo included in the scrolling PowerPoint presentation shown before the start of each general session.
- Option to host a subgroup event at the host hotel.
- Option to send a piece of company literature to the conference for display in the registration area during the conference.
The deadline to sponsor the NMHC Student Housing Conference is Friday, September 13, 2019.
For sponsorship related questions or to sign up to sponsor this conference, please contact email@example.com. For all other inquiries, please contact NMHC at 202/974-2300.
Kiosks are now available on the 7th Floor! To reserve a kiosk on the 7th floor, please complete and submit the Kiosk Rental Request Form.
NMHC is offering a limited number of Demo Kiosks for companies that wish to display information about their products or services. These kiosks provide an opportunity or “home-base” for companies to host demos or simply post collateral – freeing your staff to network and to attend conference sessions. The kiosks are all conveniently located outside of the educational sessions, promoting brand exposure. Kiosks are located on the 5th floor and 7th floor of the hotel.
Kiosk rental benefits include:
- Increased brand visibility
- Company listing, profile, and logo included in the Conference App
- Turnkey modular kiosk with free Wi-Fi (click here to download a diagram of the kiosk)
- Custom branding opportunities
- One (1) free conference registration
Companies & Locations (5th Floor)
Click here to download the map of the 5th floor kiosk locations.
|#1. Yardi||#5. RealPage, Inc.|
|#2. POPIC||#6. Wells Fargo|
|#3. Stratis IoT||#7. ASSA ABLOY Global Solutions|
|#4. SimpleBills||#8. Delta Faucet Company|
Companies & Locations (7th Floor)
Click here to download the map of the 7th floor kiosk locations.
|#9. Entrata||#14. SmartRent|
|#10. Available||#15. PointCentral|
|#11. Utility Smart||#16. Available|
|#12. Maintenance Supply Headquarters||#17. Available|
|#13. ReachLocal||#18. Leonardo247|
Kiosks are available on the 7th Floor. To confirm your location, please submit the Kiosk Rental Request Form.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions related to kiosk rentals.
Exhibits are not available at this year's conference.