February 22, 2023
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM ET
Add to Calendar
02/22/2023 01:00 PM
02/22/2023 02:00 PM
Webinar: Behind the Facade: The Feasibility of Converting Commercial Real Estate to Multifamily
High housing demand, along with a surplus of obsolete commercial property, has led to interest in the possibility of commercial to multifamily conversions. To what extent are such conversions feasible? And how can they be accomplished?
ULI investigated this question by interviewing developers who have recently completed conversions, providing detailed profiles of successful conversions across the United States to either for-rent or for-sale residential:
- What obstacles did the developers encounter, and how were they overcome? What design and engineering solutions were employed?
- How did the deals pencil out?
- What were their lessons learned? Would they take on more conversion projects?
- Can cities encourage more conversions? How?
Come hear directly from developers about their experiences, challenges and successes, and hear from a city’s perspective about their experience with multiple conversions in their jurisdiction.
You'll get the inside track on the range of issues and be able to ask your own questions, as well.
- Caitlin Sugrue Walter, Vice President, Research, National Multifamily Housing Council (Moderator)
- Nick Brumback, President and Managing Broker, Brumback Inc.
- Mark Rivers, Executive Vice President, LOWE
- Robert Kerns, Development Division Chief, City of Alexandria, VA