This on demand webinar is open to NMHC Members only.
Several NMHC members and the NMHC Government Affairs team joined industry partners from NAA and RER to host a virtual Capitol Hill briefing to educate Congressional staff on the pandemic’s continuing impact on our nation’s renters and housing providers. About 50 congressional offices joined the event.
Although this briefing was only made available live to congressional staffers, NMHC members can now watch this on-demand recording to take a look behind the scenes at NMHC advocacy efforts in action.
During the briefing, housing providers and research analysts from NMHC, NAA and RER detailed the continued challenges they and their renters are facing in accessing rental assistance funds and the negative impact of protracted eviction moratoria on the long-term viability of property operations.
- Malcolm Bennett, Owner, International Realty & Investments
- Genger Charles, Head of Government Relations and Strategy, Amherst
- Taryn Lewis, Director of Compliance, BH Management
- Jeffrey Brodsky, Vice Chairman, Related Companies
- Cindy Chetti, SVP of Government Affairs, NMHC
- Greg Brown, SVP of Government Affairs, NAA
- Caitlin Sugrue Walter, VP of Research, NMHC
- Paula Munger, Assistant Vice President, Industry Research & Analysis, NAA
- NMHC Statement Opposing Legislation to Extend the Federal Eviction Moratorium
- Real Estate Coalition Urging an End to the Federal Eviction Moratorium - July 2021
- New NMHC Survey Shows Property Owners Remain Focused on Supporting Renters
- NMHC Letter to Senate Banking and House Financial Services on Rent Assistance and Eviction Mitigation
- NMHC and NAA Statement to House Ways and Means Subcommittee Expanding Housing Access to All Americans Hearing