The 2023 application process is now closed.
Please check back soon for the next opportunity to apply in 2024. Thank you.
Eligible Minority- and Women-owned Rental Apartment Companies, Industry Service Providers, 501(c)(3) nonprofits and Academic Programs are invited to apply for a complimentary two-year Advisory Committee membership.
Please note that the program is open only to new members.
NMHC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion as a business strategy for innovation and success. Diversifying NMHC’s membership will create a more productive multifamily marketplace, advance economic inclusion, and better inform NMHC’s member services for the benefit of the entire industry.
- Companies that are majority owned by members of a group which is underrepresented in the rental apartment industry, as specified in the 2023 NMHC Membership Development Program Application; AND
- Primarily own, develop or manage rental apartment communities OR
- Provide financial, brokerage and supplier services primarily to the rental apartment industry.
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that represent and advocate for the interests of such under-represented groups.
- Nonprofit multifamily housing providers.
- Accredited, nonprofit academic programs that engage in research related to the rental apartment industry on topics such as finance, property management, or construction.
NMHC will consider a range of factors as we review each application, and the combined application pool, to produce a diverse cohort. Factors considered include:
- An applicant organization’s ability to benefit from and contribute to NMHC
- Organization type
- Business line(s)
- Demographic backgrounds of an organization’s owners and leaders
- Complimentary two-year NMHC Advisory Committee membership;
- In-person and virtual networking opportunities with other new members, industry leaders and NMHC staff;
- 50% discount on one year of regular membership dues after your company’s complimentary membership expires. Your firm must renew within 6 months of your firm’s complimentary membership expiration date to be eligible for this time-limited discount.
Applications were due by June 2, 2023. Please check back soon for the next cycle of application for this program.
Applicants will hear from us by July 10, 2023.
Please direct your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are thrilled to have over 140 new woman and minority owned firms join NMHC under this program's first year.