NMHC Announces 2023 Membership Development Campaign
Eligible Minority- and Women-owned Rental Apartment Companies, Industry Service Providers, 501(c)(3) nonprofits and Academic Programs are invited to apply for a complimentary two-year Advisory Committee membership. Applications are due June 2, 2023.
Please note that the program is open only to new members.
NMHC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion as a business strategy for innovation and success. Diversifying NMHC’s membership will create a more productive multifamily marketplace, advance economic inclusion, and better inform NMHC’s member services for the benefit of the entire industry.
Who may apply?
- Companies that are majority owned by members of a group which is underrepresented in the rental apartment industry, as specified in the 2023 NMHC Membership Development Program Application; AND
- Primarily own, develop or manage rental apartment communities OR
- Provide financial, brokerage and supplier services primarily to the rental apartment industry.
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations that represent and advocate for the interests of such under-represented groups.
- Nonprofit multifamily housing providers.
- Accredited, nonprofit academic programs that engage in research related to the rental apartment industry on topics such as finance, property management, or construction.
How are applications evaluated?
NMHC will consider a range of factors as we review each application, and the combined application pool, to produce a diverse cohort. Factors considered include:
- An applicant organization’s ability to benefit from and contribute to NMHC
- Organization type
- Business line(s)
- Demographic backgrounds of an organization’s owners and leaders
What benefits will my company receive if our application is approved?
- Complimentary two-year NMHC Advisory Committee membership;
- In-person and virtual networking opportunities with other new members, industry leaders and NMHC staff;
- 50% discount on one year of regular membership dues after your company’s complimentary membership expires. Your firm must renew within 6 months of your firm’s complimentary membership expiration date to be eligible for this time-limited discount.
When are applications due?
Applications are due by June 2, 2023. Please submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will applicants be notified?
Applicants will hear from us by July 10, 2023.
Please direct your questions to email@example.com.
We are thrilled to have over 140 new woman and minority owned firms join NMHC under this program's first year.