Specifically, the Fair Housing Act does not expressly include sexual orientation, gender identity or marital status as protected characteristics. The guidance clearly emphasizes, however, that a lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender person may still be protected by one or more of the Fair Housing Act’s prohibitions against discrimination.
NMHC/NAA are committed to equal housing opportunity for all without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, handicap or familial status.
Questions? Please contact NMHC’s Lisa Blackwell at email@example.com.
- Multifamily Units Under Construction are Up, But Demand for Apartments Remains
- NMHC NAA Statement on White House Eviction Reform Summit
- NAA NMHC Statement for the Record SBC 8.4
- Senate Focuses on Rental Housing Industry As Part of ‘Rent Eats First’ Hearing
- White House Summit Focuses on Eviction Mitigation, Renter Assistance