On December 14, President Biden nominated Sandra Thompson to be the next Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), the regulator of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the Federal Home Loan Bank System. Thompson has served as Acting Director of FHFA since the removal of Director Mark Calabria by President Biden earlier this year. Thompson has been with FHFA since 2013 and previously served as Director of the Agency’s Division of Housing Mission and Goals (DHMG).
- Sharon Wilson Géno Written Testimony on Behalf of the NMHC and NAA to the Senate Committee on Finance Hearing Entitled Tax Policy’s Role in Increasing Affordable Housing Supply for Working Families
- Middle-Income Housing Tax Credit (MIHTC) Fact Sheet
- NMHC-NAA Senate Banking State of Housing Market Hearing Letter
- Real Estate Coalition Statement in Response to White House Announcement on Protecting Renters and Promoting Rental Affordability
- Real Estate Coalition Letter on Yes In My Backyard (YIMBY) Legislation