On December 14, President Biden nominated Sandra Thompson to be the next Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA), the regulator of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and the Federal Home Loan Bank System. Thompson has served as Acting Director of FHFA since the removal of Director Mark Calabria by President Biden earlier this year. Thompson has been with FHFA since 2013 and previously served as Director of the Agency’s Division of Housing Mission and Goals (DHMG).
- Real Estate Coalition Comments on Davis-Bacon Wages
- FHFA Releases 2022-2024 Underserved Markets Plans for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
- Fannie Mae Chair Sheila Bair and CEO Hugh Frater Stepping Down
- NMHC Discusses Market Conditions and Rental Assistance at FHFA Quarterly Meeting
- Fannie Mae Announces Expanded Housing Choice Initiative