HUD’s Office of Policy Development and Research announced on April 6, 2023, new efforts to arm local practitioners with resources to help them implement strategies that will assist with meeting the Biden Administration’s Housing Supply Apply Plan goal:
- Policy & Practice, a new publication, will highlight ways private and public entities have worked together to solve local issues related to housing and community development. The inaugural issue focuses on land use and zoning reforms related to housing such as streamlining the permitting process, eliminating parking requirements and increasing the amount of multifamily zoning. The publication also includes examples of localities where some of these reforms have taken place.
- A new $350,000 grant to Cornell University’s National Zoning Atlas project, which aims to map out the zoning for cities throughout the United States. The lack of data surrounding land use throughout the country is a major impediment to identifying where zoning reform could be enacted.
- NMHC-NAA Statement for Senate Banking Subcommittee Hearing on Housing Supply and Innovation
- NMHC-NAA Statement for Senate Banking Hearing on Property Insurance Market Challenges
- Monthly Inflation Shows Further Signs of Cooling in July
- Real Estate Industry Letter on Rent Control to FHFA Director Sandra Thompson
- Housing Affordability Coalition Comment Letter to FHFA on Tenant Protections RFI