HUD’s Office of Policy Development and Research announced on April 6, 2023, new efforts to arm local practitioners with resources to help them implement strategies that will assist with meeting the Biden Administration’s Housing Supply Apply Plan goal:
- Policy & Practice, a new publication, will highlight ways private and public entities have worked together to solve local issues related to housing and community development. The inaugural issue focuses on land use and zoning reforms related to housing such as streamlining the permitting process, eliminating parking requirements and increasing the amount of multifamily zoning. The publication also includes examples of localities where some of these reforms have taken place.
- A new $350,000 grant to Cornell University’s National Zoning Atlas project, which aims to map out the zoning for cities throughout the United States. The lack of data surrounding land use throughout the country is a major impediment to identifying where zoning reform could be enacted.
- Housing Affordability Coalition Letter to Congress on Bipartisan Solutions
- Rent Control Laws by State
- NMHC NAA Statement to Senate Banking on Addressing Housing Challenges
- NMHC FHFA Follow Up Letter on RFI
- NMHC and NAA Statement for House Committee on Ways and Means Field Hearing on the State of the American Economy: The South