The business community faces numerous potential threats relating to catastrophic events. Advance planning can help mitigate workplace and property disruptions and preserve business continuity.
This Backgrounder offers an outline of key components that apartment owners and managers should consider for inclusion in their emergency preparedness plans. While it has a special focus on disasters involving disease-related situations, the primary components are relevant for a wide range of possible disaster situations, such as natural disasters, fires and terrorist attacks.
Full DocumentEmergency Preparedness Guidance for Apartment Firms
- Pandemic Risk & Liability: NMHC Calls for Loss Recovery Measures
- Coalition Letter in Support of the Pandemic Risk Insurance Act of 2020 - April 2020
- NMHC and NAA Letter to Treasury/SBA Regarding Paycheck Protection Program (April 2020)
- NMHC Spearheads Industry Request to Extend Like-Kind Exchange Deadline
- NMHC Joins Broad Coalition in Urging Lawmakers to Establish Business Recovery Fund