This HUD guidance reviews the lead-based paint compliance requirements for public housing authorities and owners who participate in various HUD subsidy programs, including disclosure, and pre-renovation education requirements as well as special requirements for units with children under age six.
A separate toolkit is also available that specifically addresses, in more detail, the requirements for property owners who take Section 8 vouchers. The toolkit includes sample forms and checklists for compliance.
- EPA Withdraws Agency Guidance Regarding Property Management Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule
- NMHC Leads Industry in Calling on EPA to Withdraw Notice Concerning the Toxic Substances Control Act (“TSCA”) Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule (“RRP Rule”)
- Industry Coalition Comments on EPA’s “Withdrawal of Two Answers to Frequent Questions About Property Management Companies and the Toxic Substances Control Act Lead-Based Paint Renovation, Repair, and Painting Rule”
- Real Estate Coalition Amicus Brief in Support of EPA Lead Hazard Level Definition
- GAO Releases Report on Lead Testing for Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program Properties