This HUD guidance reviews the lead-based paint compliance requirements for public housing authorities and owners who participate in various HUD subsidy programs, including disclosure, and pre-renovation education requirements as well as special requirements for units with children under age six.
A separate toolkit is also available that specifically addresses, in more detail, the requirements for property owners who take Section 8 vouchers. The toolkit includes sample forms and checklists for compliance.
- New Federal Plan to Reduce Childhood Lead Exposure
- NMHC/NAA Submit Comments Regarding Proposal to Amend Dust Lead Hazard Definition
- EPA Issues Proposed Revisions to Dust Lead Hazard Standards
- EPA, HUD Clarify XRF Protocol for Lead Paint Inspections
- XRF Analysis Requires Use of Valid PCS to Meet Federal Testing Requirements