OSHA's Lead in Construction Advisor is interactive expert software. It is intended to help users, especially small business, to understand OSHA's Lead in Construction standard. It is NOT a substitute for the standard.
This Advisor provides an introduction to the scope and logic of the regulation, and summary guidance to facilitate compliance. Effort has been made to insure the accuracy of information provided by the program, but the guidance provided by the program should not be relied upon as being comprehensive. Users are encouraged to read the full text of the OSHA Standard (29 CFR 1926), and to seek appropriate legal counsel.
When you run this software, it will interview you about work place policies, activities, and exposure information to offer guidance on how the standard might apply to those facts.
The Lead in Construction Advisor 1.0:
- provides guidance on coverage,
- provides guidance on conducting an initial determination,
- provides guidance on using exposure assessment data,
- helps you evaluate historic exposure data,
- has pop-up (hypertext) definitions of keywords and phrases, and
- has other related help.
- EPA Tightens Lead Dust Limits for Pre-1978 Residential Properties and Child Occupied Facilities
- New Federal Plan to Reduce Childhood Lead Exposure
- NMHC/NAA Submit Comments Regarding Proposal to Amend Dust Lead Hazard Definition
- EPA Issues Proposed Revisions to Dust Lead Hazard Standards
- EPA, HUD Clarify XRF Protocol for Lead Paint Inspections