The November 8, 2012 webinar on the growing risk that data breaches pose to the apartment industry is available as an online resource for NMHC members.
While breaches of electronic data due to sophisticated hackers grab the headlines, the issue is much more complex with risk from lost or stolen mobile devices, unlocked cabinets, human error, unscrupulous employees, and even social media actually being the more common threat.
The webinar presentation will help you:
- Assess your current practices to determine where you may be vulnerable to a breach
- Consider whether insurance makes sense to address your risk
- Understand how pending federal legislation may change how you respond to a breach
- Jennifer Kashatus, Of Counsel, DLA Piper
- Steven Bridges, Professional Risk Solutions, AON Financial Services Group
- Jeanne McGlynn Delgado, Vice President, Business Operations & Risk Management Policy, NMHC
To download a recording of the webinar click here.
Additional NMHC resources on Risk Management and Insurance can be accessed here.
- California Privacy Law Enforcement Nears
- NMHC and NAA Letter to the Cyber and Infrastructure Security Agency
- California Releases New CCPA Compliance Guidance – Senator Moran introduces Federal Privacy Standard Legislation
- California Issues Updated Proposed Rules on Privacy
- NMHC Files Comments as CCPA Nears Implementation