The November 8, 2012 webinar on the growing risk that data breaches pose to the apartment industry is available as an online resource for NMHC members.
While breaches of electronic data due to sophisticated hackers grab the headlines, the issue is much more complex with risk from lost or stolen mobile devices, unlocked cabinets, human error, unscrupulous employees, and even social media actually being the more common threat.
The webinar presentation will help you:
- Assess your current practices to determine where you may be vulnerable to a breach
- Consider whether insurance makes sense to address your risk
- Understand how pending federal legislation may change how you respond to a breach
- Jennifer Kashatus, Of Counsel, DLA Piper
- Steven Bridges, Professional Risk Solutions, AON Financial Services Group
- Jeanne McGlynn Delgado, Vice President, Business Operations & Risk Management Policy, NMHC
To download a recording of the webinar click here.
Additional NMHC resources on Risk Management and Insurance can be accessed here.
- Data Compliance and Connectivity Concerns Mount
- National Multifamily Housing Council Issues Data Privacy and Protection White Paper
- Data Privacy and Protection: Practical Considerations for Apartment Firms - White Paper
- Congress Presses Forward on Consumer Data Privacy
- Data Security Letter to Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs