Data Security and Privacy
NMHC is working closely with lawmakers as they continue to develop and advance sensible privacy and data security policies. View our Issue Fact Sheet.
As the cyber-threat landscape continues to evolve and expand, the apartment industry has prioritized cybersecurity and data privacy. NMHC has created the below checklist of data security strategies as a jumping-off point for members interested in exploring cybersecurity best practices.
More information on data security and breach notification, in addition to the NMHC/NAA viewpoint.Read More
- Federal Data Privacy and Security Updates
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and California Privacy Rights Act (CCPRA) Updates
- ‘We Need a Federal Standard’ – NMHC Reiterates Plea for Data Privacy Standard as FTC Explores New Rule
- Federal Government Increases Focus on Consumer Privacy & Algorithmic Discrimination
- Legislation that Creates Federal Data Privacy Standard Advances to Senate
- NMHC Cybersecurity Strategies Checklist
- NMHC White Paper – Recent U.S. Data Privacy and Protection Regulation and Risks
- White House Memo on Ransomware June 2, 2021
- COVID-19 Scams: A Conversation with NMHC and the FTC
- IAPP Article: Some Privacy Practices May Result in Under-Reporting of Breach Incidents