During the 2016 NMHC Spring Board of Directors Meeting in Chicago, we released a preview of a soon-to-be-released cybersecurity white paper. The paper will provide an in-depth analysis of the challenges facing the multifamily industry and, most importantly, provide a clear road map on how to implement best practices.
Specifically, the recommendations aim to help member firms navigate the complexities of the cyber landscape and help ensure they have a reasonable information security program in place. As part of the spring meeting, a panel of cybersecurity experts also discussed the importance of a robust cybersecurity program that includes incident response, evaluation of third-party relationships, oversight and staff training.
- Legislation that Creates Federal Data Privacy Standard Advances to Senate
- NMHC NAA Data Privacy Letter to Energy and Commerce Committee
- NMHC NAA Letter on Data Privacy
- Bipartisan Lawmakers Release Federal Data Privacy Bill That Would Have Impact on Multifamily Data Practices
- NMHC Responds to SEC’s Proposed Cybersecurity Risk Management and Disclosure Rule