As demand for mixed-use development increases in suburban markets, along with pressure to manage growth, many communities are finding that their policies have not kept pace.
This book, a collaboration between ULI and the National Multi Housing Council, is based on expert forums of practitioners from the public and private sectors. It describes tools used throughout the nation to better support compact development, including visioning, planning, and new regulations.
Case studies profile the experiences of eight communities, the policy tools they used to encourage compact development, and the development projects built using the new regulations.
In addition, The Toolkit provides an overview of the tools being used across the country to promote compact development.
Getting Density Right (G14) is available from ULI’s online bookstore at www.uli.org/bookstore or by calling 800-321-5011.
The book can be purchased from ULI’s online bookstore at http://bit.ly/tsPNX or by calling 800-321-5011.
- Multifamily Industry Highlights Infrastructure Tax Priorities with Ways and Means Committee
- Infrastructure Statement to Ways and Means Committee
- NMHC/NAA Provide Comments on Tax Cuts, Regulatory Reform and the Cost of Regulation
- NMHC and NAHB Shine Light on Costly Impacts of Government Regulations
- Regulation: Over 30 Percent of the Cost of a Multifamily Development