As demand for mixed-use development increases in suburban markets, along with pressure to manage growth, many communities are finding that their policies have not kept pace.
This book, a collaboration between ULI and the National Multi Housing Council, is based on expert forums of practitioners from the public and private sectors. It describes tools used throughout the nation to better support compact development, including visioning, planning, and new regulations.
Case studies profile the experiences of eight communities, the policy tools they used to encourage compact development, and the development projects built using the new regulations.
In addition, The Toolkit provides an overview of the tools being used across the country to promote compact development.
Getting Density Right (G14) is available from ULI’s online bookstore at www.uli.org/bookstore or by calling 800-321-5011.
The book can be purchased from ULI’s online bookstore at http://bit.ly/tsPNX or by calling 800-321-5011.
- NMHC Urges Congress to Eliminate Exclusionary Zoning to Encourage More Equitable Communities
- NMHC NAA Letter Regarding Exclusionary Zoning Hearing
- No Government Shutdown, but Major Issues Still Loom
- House Clears Budget Legislation—Clearing Path for $3.5 Trillion “Human Infrastructure” Package
- President Biden Reaches Deal on Bipartisan Infrastructure Proposal