- Industry Topics
Infrastructure and Land Use
Changing demographics, employment patterns and and lifestyle preferences are creating demand for new types of housing and neighborhoods. However, outdated land-use policies and zoning laws often prevent communities from embracing smarter growth plans that meet today's housing preferences and provide many economic benefits to their communities. View our issue fact sheets on Land Use and Infrastructure.
House Democrats on November 3 released a new version of the so-called “human infrastructure” legislation that Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) hopes to move through the chamber on November 5.
Review NMHC's analysis for the key provisions currently in play that would impact the multifamily industry.
More information on infrastructure, in addition to the NMHC/NAA viewpoint.Read More
- Everything You Need to Know: Multifamily Opportunities Included in the Infrastructure Investment and Job Act & Inflation Reduction Act
- What the 2022 Federal Spending Package Means for the Multifamily Industry
- Updated NMHC Analysis: How Will President Biden’s Build Back Better Framework Impact the Multifamily Industry?
- NMHC Urges Congress to Eliminate Exclusionary Zoning to Encourage More Equitable Communities
- No Government Shutdown, but Major Issues Still Loom
- Infrastructure Fact Sheet
- NMHC NAA Letter Regarding Exclusionary Zoning Hearing
- Real Estate Coalition Letter to Senate Finance Committee Regarding Infrastructure Revenue-Raisers
- NMHC and NAA Infrastructure Letter to Senate Banking
- Real Estate Coalition Letter Regarding Expanding Opportunity Through Infrastructure Investments