Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek/Waldorf Astoria
Get the Presentations from the 2020 NMHC Annual Meeting
Log in Required
The NMHC Annual Meeting is the largest gathering of the year where NMHC members come together to network with their colleagues and set wheels in motion for their property deals. Plan to attend informative sessions led by industry leaders and to network at the NMHC and affiliate group's social events. Open to members only.
Don’t miss the NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference preceding the Annual Meeting. The conference kicks off with a welcome reception on January 20 followed by an entire day of trends, statistics and powerful business insight into what lies ahead for the economy and our industry. This meeting is open to NMHC members and non-members and requires separate registration from the Annual Meeting.
In addition, all women registered for the 2020 NMHC Annual Meeting or Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference are invited to attend the 2020 NMHC Women’s Event. Whether you’re an industry executive with an expansive network or newer to the industry and establishing relationships, this is an opportunity to network with women leading the rental apartment industry to the future. Separate registration is required for each event.
NMHC is excited to announce that Indra Nooyi will be a keynote speaker at the 2020 NMHC Annual Meeting. Nooyi is the former Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo. During her tenure, PepsiCo grew net revenue more than 80%, and PepsiCo’s total shareholder return was 162%.
Dr. Richard Haass, president of the Council on Foreign Relations will be speaking at a session regarding international affairs.
Actor and Emmy-award winning comedian Dana Carvey will be performing at the Annual Meeting dinner.
Associate Editor and Columnist at RealClearPolitics A.B. Stoddard will speak at the NMHC PAC Recognition Breakfast.
Indra Nooyi Former Chairman and CEO of PepsiCo
Dr. Richard Haass President of the Council on Foreign Relations
Dana Carvey Actor & Emmy Award Winning Comedian
A.B. Stoddard Associate Editor and Columnist, RealClearPolitics
Online registration is now closed.
Please register onsite in Orlando once NMHC Registration opens January 20 at 1:00 pm.
You must first register for the meeting(s) in order to make a hotel reservation request.
NMHC’s Annual Meeting is open to NMHC members. Meeting attendance fees or waivers do not include hotel room charges. The registration policy is as follows:
- NMHC Executive Committee Members: receive three (3) complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700 until January 6, and $900 thereafter
- NMHC Board of Directors Members: receive three (3) complimentary registration and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700 until January 6, and $900 thereafter
- NMHC Advisory Committee Members: receive two (2) complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700 until January 6, and $900 thereafter
- 2020 Chairman's Circle Sponsors ($50,000 or more): receive six (6) additional complimentary registrations and may register two (2) additional representative for a fee of $700 each until January 6, and $900 each thereafter
- 2020 Friends of the Council ($25,000 minimum): receive four (4) additional complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700 each until January 6, and $900 each thereafter
- Annual Meeting Sponsors ($10,000 minimum until November 15, 2019, and $15,000 minimum thereafter): receive one (1) additional complimentary registration
- Networking Passes will be available on December 2.
NMHC membership dues must be current in order to register for the NMHC Annual Meeting. Annual Meeting registrations will automatically be declined if a member company is not in good standing, no exceptions. NMHC reserves the right to close meeting registration should interest exceed availability.
Please note: Online registration closes January 15. Registrations and changes received after January 15 (including on-site registrations) may not be reflected on the NMHC attendee lists. Once online registration has closed, all registrations can be processed onsite in Orlando once NMHC registration opens at 12:30 p.m., Monday, January 20. Please check the Agenda tab for onsite registration hours.
Meeting Transfer/Cancellation Policy
Meeting registrations may be transferred to another employee at your firm (exclusions may apply). Please email email@example.com with the name of the original registrant and the substitute.
Meeting registration cancellations must be sent in writing to NMHC, emails to firstname.lastname@example.org accepted. Written requests for meeting cancellation refunds received by December 13 are entitled to a full refund, minus a processing fee of $250. No meeting cancellation refunds will be granted after December 13.
Please contact NMHC’s Membership Department at 202/974-2300 or email@example.com for information regarding registration.
In order to make a hotel reservation request, you will need your Meeting Registration Confirmation Code found on your meeting registration confirmation.
NMHC uses a centralized hotel reservation company to manage hotel reservations for all of our attendees at the NMHC Annual Meeting and the NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference. They manage reservations at all of the Official Conference Hotels and are able to provide assistance with identifying other hotels in the area if needed.
- Individuals must first register for the meeting before making a hotel reservation request.
- Upon registering for the meeting(s), you will receive a meeting registration confirmation email which contains a meeting registration confirmation code required to make your reservation request.
- If you registered for both the Annual Meeting and the Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference, please use your Annual Meeting registration confirmation code to facilitate your hotel reservation request. Only members registered for the Annual Meeting (does not include Emerging Leader slot or Networking Pass) are eligible to stay in the main conference hotels (Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek & Waldorf Astoria Orlando).
- Hotel reservation requests will be acknowledged within 24 hours and confirmed within 14 business days. Note: Room requests received before August 15 may take up to 30 days to confirm.
- All hotel reservations will require a deposit in the amount equal to two nights (a first and last nights') deposit, and all cancellations made after December 13 will entail a forfeiture of this deposit.
- Canceling your meeting registration will result in your hotel room reservation being automatically canceled.
- No company room blocks will be permitted.
Group Room Rates
For your planning purposes, the starting group room rates for the NMHC Headquarter and Official Hotels are listed below:
- Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek: standard room rates start at $282 per night.
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando: standard room rates start at $336 per night
- Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek: deluxe room rates start at $301 per night
- Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista: standard room rates start at $275 per night
- Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace: standard room rates start at $240 per night
All room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes, which are currently at 12.50%
Please note: The group room rates are special rates for NMHC's attendees that are only available if you make your reservation through the housing company.
The Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria are approximately 18 miles from Orlando International Airport. For those of you arriving by air, you have the following alternatives for ground transportation:
- A taxi from Orlando International Airport will cost about $70-80 each way and will take approximately 25 minutes, depending on traffic. Taxi service is available in both the A-Side and B-side of the Terminal in the center of the Arrivals Level (Level 2).
- Ride sharing services, such as Uber and Lyft, are available. They cost about $31-45, depending on exact service and time. All ride sharing companies pick-up passengers on the Arrivals curb (Level 2).
- An alternative to taxi service is MEARS, a shared ride shuttle service that may make multiple stops. The cost is $24/one way or $38/round trip per adult. Mears also offers luxury car service. For more information or to make a reservation, call 855/463-2776 or visit the MEARS website.
Hotel Information: Please contact Lacey Rimoli-Wiesel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership/Registration Information: Please call the NMHC office at 202/974-2300 or email email@example.com.
Thank you to our 2020 Chair's Circle and Friends of the Council Sponsors!
Additional Meeting Sponsors
|CAPREIT||Pacific Life Insurance Company|
|Heritage Title Company of Austin||Sonder|
|Maintenance Supply Headquarters|
Sponsorships are no longer available for this meeting. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Exhibits are not available at the NMHC Annual Meeting or the NMHC Apartment Strategies Outlook Conference.
Meeting Room Rentals
NMHC understands the importance for member companies to hold meetings at the 2020 NMHC Annual Meeting. Due to the limited space and high demand, options for meeting room rentals are restricted. Please read the policies below for more information.
Private meeting room rentals are not available. All meeting rooms are sold out and there is a waitlist. Companies must be a 2020 Chairman’s Circle sponsor or 2020 Friends of the Council sponsor to be eligible to rent a room and be placed on the waitlist. Meeting room rentals are not guaranteed to any sponsor, regardless of sponsor level, membership level, or any rooms assigned in previous years.
Cabana rentals are not available. All cabanas are sold out and there is a waitlist. Companies must be a 2020 Chairman’s Circle sponsor or 2020 Friends of the Council sponsor to be eligible to rent a cabana and be placed on the waitlist. Cabana rentals are not guaranteed to any sponsor, regardless of sponsor level, membership level, or any cabanas assigned in previous years.
Companies must be a 2020 Chairman’s Circle sponsor or 2020 Friends of the Council sponsor to be eligible to reserve a networking table. Unreserved tables will be available at the hotel (location to be published) for all other attendees to use based on a first-come, first serve basis. These tables cannot be reserved. Additional seating can be found in lounges and lobbies throughout the hotel and meeting space.
To give all attendees the spaces and opportunities to eat, restaurant reservations at the Hilton and Waldorf Astoria for more than 8 people (based on availability) are not accepted at the hotel restaurants regardless of sponsor level or member level.
Private Events (on hotel property):
To be eligible to hold a private evening event on property, your firm must be a 2020 sponsor (any level) and submit a 2020 Subgroup Event Request Form. Requests for events that take place during the day or occur at the same time as NMHC programming will not be considered. Please consult the meeting agenda prior to submitting your request form. All event requests received after September 27, 2019 that are approved by NMHC will be assigned space by the hotel as available. The hotel is instructed to only book subgroup events that are approved by and received from NMHC. Any request made directly through the hotel will be returned to NMHC.
Private Events (off hotel property)
Firms may hold events off property with no sponsorship requirement or prior approval from NMHC, however any arranged transportation taking guests off property to a subgroup event may arrive at the hotel no more than 5 minutes prior to the end of any NMHC event.
Hotel Room Suites
Firms may use their assigned hotel room suites to host meetings. Currently, all suites are full and there is an extensive waitlist.