Manchester Grand Hyatt
San Diego, CA
NMHC Members Only event
NMHC will once again offer a special Emerging Leader registration option for our 2021 Annual Meeting, June 8-10 in San Diego, CA for $700.
This special registration allows member firms to send one young leader who might not otherwise be able to attend given the existing meeting registration caps.
To qualify, attendees must be under 40 and have at least five years of industry experience.
Hotel & Travel
In order to make a hotel reservation request, you will need your Meeting Registration Confirmation Code found on your meeting registration confirmation.
NMHC uses a centralized hotel reservation company to manage hotel reservations for all of our attendees at the NMHC Annual Meeting. They manage reservations at all of the Official Conference Hotels and are able to provide assistance with identifying other hotels in the area if needed.
- Individuals must first register for the meeting before making a hotel reservation request.
- Upon registering for the meeting, you will receive a meeting registration confirmation email which contains a meeting registration confirmation code required to make your reservation request.
- Only members registered for the Annual Meeting (does not include Emerging Leader slot or Networking Pass) are eligible to stay in the main conference hotel (Manchester Grand Hyatt).
- Hotel reservation requests will be acknowledged within 24 hours and confirmed within 14 business days. Note: Room requests received before March 5 may take up to 30 business days to confirm.
- All hotel reservations will require a deposit in the amount equal to two nights (a first and last nights') deposit, and all cancellations made after May 12 will entail a forfeiture of this deposit.
- Canceling your meeting registration will result in your hotel room reservation being canceled.
- No company room blocks will be permitted.
Group Room Rates
For your planning purposes, the starting group rates for the NMHC Headquarter and Official Hotels are listed below:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt: standard room rates start at $259 per night
- Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina: standard room rates start at $239 per night
- Embassy Suites San Diego – Downtown: standard suites start at $296 per night
- Marriott San Diego Gaslamp: standard room rates start at $281 per night
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter: standard rooms start at $219 per night
All room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes, which are currently at 12.71%
Please note: The group room rates are special rates for NMHC’s attendees that are only available if you make your reservation through the housing company.
The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, located at 1 Market Place, is approximately 3 miles from San Diego International Airport (Lindbergh Field). For those of you arriving by air, you have the following alternatives for ground transportation:
- San Diego taxi service can be found by following the signs leading to the San Diego International Airport Transportation Plaza. The cost is approximately $15-18 each way and will take approximately 12-15 minutes, depending on traffic.
- For attendees driving to the Manchester Grand Hyatt, self-parking is $40 per night for overnight guests or $8/hour for transit guests with a daily maximum of $45.
- Please note that shuttle service will NOT be provided between the NMHC official hotels and the Manchester Grand Hyatt due to the close proximity of these hotels and the available San Diego public transportation.
NMHC has no affiliation with any soliciting room brokers. If a sleeping room wholesaler contacts you, the offer may not be legitimate and is not part of the official NMHC channels for acquiring a room.
Hotel Information: Please contact Lacey Rimoli-Wiesel at email@example.com
Membership/Registration Information: Please call the NMHC office at 202/974-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: For members who had reservations for the January 2021 meeting, all hotel reservations were cancelled and refunded.
The health and safety of our members remains our top priority. As a result, and because of limitations placed on gatherings by the state of California, we will be capping registration to allow for social distancing guidelines and other precautions.
NMHC will continue to monitor the situation and will update our communications and our plans for the event in response
Registration Will Be Capped
- Given the current social distancing requirements in effect now, NMHC will be limited to 2,500 attendees. Registrations will be taken on a first-come, first serve basis.
- NMHC is working closely with our partners in San Diego and monitoring federal, state and local guidelines for holding large events. If capacity limits are relaxed or limited, we will adjust our registration caps accordingly.
- Due to our capacity limitations, NMHC will most likely not be able to accommodate on-site registrations.
- We will also not be offering Networking Passes.
- If capacity limits increase and we can accept more registrations or offer Networking Passes, NMHC will immediately notify members. We are not creating a waitlist once capacity is reached.
- If regulations change and capacity limits are reduced, NMHC reserves the right to cancel registrations.
No-Risk Refund Policy
- If NMHC has to cancel the in-person event, all paid registrations and hotel deposits will be refunded.
- If the in-person event is held and you cannot attend, meeting registrations may be transferred to another employee at your firm (exclusions may apply). Transfer should be submitted by May 28 via email to email@example.com with the name of the original registrant and the substitute.
- Meeting registration cancellations must be sent in writing to NMHC, emails to firstname.lastname@example.org are accepted. Written requests for meeting cancellation received by May 12 are entitled to a full refund. Cancellations received after May 12 are entitled to a refund minus a processing fee of $250.
- Hotel reservations need to be cancelled by May 12 to avoid losing your room deposit. Cancellation requests must be emailed to email@example.com.
Health and Safety Precautions
- Currently, the Manchester Great Hyatt is requiring all attendees to wear a mask at all times outside of their room, except when seated at a table for meals. In addition, all attendees will be required to have a temperature check and health screening at the start of each day.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed throughout the hotel including meeting room sets, dining areas and food service lines.
- Hyatt has enacted a multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment which includes cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention protocol accredited by the GBAC and dedicated hygiene and wellbeing leaders at each hotel to enforce new sanitation protocols. Hotel staff will regularly clean and disinfect surfaces and high-trafficked areas in public spaces, meeting rooms and restrooms.
- Food Service will follow new guidelines for social distancing and cleanliness. With guest safety in mind, open buffets will be replaced with covered individually served options.
- Due to current restrictions, the Annual Dinner and most receptions will not take place in 2021. Since NMHC understands networking has always been a focal part of the event, we are maximizing the space to provide ample opportunities for connecting with other attendees.
COVID-19 Guidelines for the 2021 Annual Meeting
The health and safety of our members remains our top priority. As a result, and because of limitations placed on gatherings by the state of California, we will be capping registration to allow for social distancing guidelines and other precautions. We will also not be offering Networking Passes.