Manchester Grand Hyatt
San Diego, CA
Watch Session Recordings
NMHC Members: Log in to watch the general sessions from the 2021 NMHC Annual Meeting.
NMHC Members Only event
We are just a few days from the start of the 2021 NMHC Annual Meeting. We are very excited to see you all in-person in San Diego. As you pack your bags and get ready for the trip, here are a few key reminders about this year’s event:
There will NOT be on-site registrations or transfers at this year’s Annual Meeting. If you do not have a valid registration, you will not be allowed to enter the Annual Meeting event spaces.
- Follow the instructions on the Heath Screening Information page to ensure you complete the necessary information and ready to go once you arrive on site.
- Please read our Attendee Commitment to Safety Agreement
- Review our full Know Before You Go Guide to understand the changes and differences for this year’s event.
- Check your emails and gather the QR codes for your badge, vaccination approval, and tickets for events that required an RSVP.
- Remember to set up Brella, and download the Brella app for easy access while you are on site – learn more about using Brella.
- Arrive on time for all sessions and events to ensure you have a seat– strict capacity limits are in place.
2021 NMHC Annual Meeting
Attendee Commitment to Safety Agreement
Health and safety is a priority at NMHC’s Annual Meeting. By attending the event, you agree to comply with state, local and venue-specific regulations detailed below.
- You will need to wear a mask or face covering for the duration of the meeting.
- You may remove your mask to eat and drink, but only if seated at a table or standing at a highboy table.
- Strict capacity limits are in effect for all events to allow for adequate crowd distribution.
- At general sessions or other seated events, you will be required to find a seat and remain in that same seat throughout the program. You cannot move around the room or stand at the back of the room.
- You cannot linger in the hallways or other common areas of the hotel.
- We encourage you to avoid handshakes and embraces as greetings.
- You must either: (1) submit proof of vaccination or (2) submit a negative test result received within 72 hours of arriving and undergo a daily health screening questionnaire and temperature check. Anyone who presents a high temperature will be denied entry to the event.
- You cannot print your badge until one of those two requirements are satisfied.
- If you are showing symptoms of COVID, you will be asked to leave the venue or be evaluated by our Health Screening vendor.
No Contact Badge Pick Up
- Bring the QR code confirmation email you received – ready to display on your mobile device – to print your badge. (You can also use your email address).
- NOTE: You cannot print your badge until you complete one of the two health checks detailed above.
- Take advantage of event technology! Use Brella to connect with other attendees, secure a networking table for one-on-one networking (15-minute intervals), stream the general sessions live and get the latest event information.
- Don't be tardy! Seats at the general sessions will be first-come, first-served. For RSVP events, if you do not arrive within 5 minutes of the event start time your reservation will be cancelled.
- If you are subject to the Daily Health Check, complete the form online (http://bit.ly/nmhchealth) before arriving at the Health Screening Station each day.
Failure to comply with all safety protocol procedures or any direction from NMHC or hotel staff may result in loss of right to attend or participate in the event, including forfeiting any registration fees paid.
Registration Closes Friday, May 28.
NMHC’s Annual Meeting is open to NMHC members only. You must first register for the meeting in order to make a hotel reservation request.
- Attendance will be capped at 2,500 members. Online registration closes once the cap is reached. If regulations change and the number of registrants exceed capacity limits, NMHC reserves the right to cancel registrations.
- Once capacity is reached, there will not be a waitlist.
- There will be no on-site registration or transfers.
- There will be no Networking Passes this year.
- Reminder: NMHC membership dues must be current in order to register for the NMHC Annual Meeting. Annual Meeting registrations will automatically be declined if a member company is not in good standing, no exceptions.
Meeting attendance fees or waivers do not include hotel room charges. The registration policy is as follows:
- NMHC Executive Committee Members: receive three (3) complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700
- NMHC Board of Directors Members: receive three (3) complimentary registration and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700
- NMHC Advisory Committee Members: receive two (2) complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700
- 2021 Chair's Circle Sponsors: receive six (6) additional complimentary registrations and may register two (2) additional representatives for a fee of $700 each
- 2021 Friends of the Council: receive four (4) additional complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700
- Annual Meeting Sponsors: receive one (1) additional complimentary registration
- DEI Founder Sponsor: receive four (4) additional complimentary registrations
- DEI Investor Sponsor: receive two (2) additional complimentary registrations
- DEI Supporter Sponsor: receive one (1) additional complimentary registration
Meeting Transfer/Cancellation Policy
Meeting registrations may be transferred to another employee at your firm (exclusions may apply). Transfer should be submitted by May 28 via email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the original registrant and the substitute.
Registration cancellations must be emailed to email@example.com. Requests for meeting cancellation refunds received by May 12 are entitled to a full refund. Cancellations received after May 12 are entitled to a refund minus a processing fee of $250. After June 6, no refunds are granted for cancellations.
Hotel cancellation requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 12 to receive a full refund. After May 12, the deposit - equal to two (2) night’s room and tax plus resort fee (where applicable) - will be forfeited.
However, should NMHC cancel the in-person event after May 12 due to the pandemic, all paid registrations and hotel deposits will be refunded.
Read about our policies and COVID-19 guidelines for this year's meeting >>>
Please contact NMHC’s Membership Department at email@example.com for information regarding registration.
Hotel & Travel
In order to make a hotel reservation request, you will need your Meeting Registration Confirmation Code found on your meeting registration confirmation.
NMHC uses a centralized hotel reservation company to manage hotel reservations for all of our attendees at the NMHC Annual Meeting. They manage reservations at all of the Official Conference Hotels and are able to provide assistance with identifying other hotels in the area if needed.
- Individuals must first register for the meeting before making a hotel reservation request.
- Upon registering for the meeting, you will receive a meeting registration confirmation email which contains a meeting registration confirmation code required to make your reservation request.
- Only members registered for the Annual Meeting (does not include Emerging Leader slot or Networking Pass) are eligible to stay in the main conference hotel (Manchester Grand Hyatt).
- Hotel reservation requests will be acknowledged within 24 hours and confirmed within 14 business days. Note: Room requests received before March 5 may take up to 30 business days to confirm.
- All hotel reservations will require a deposit in the amount equal to two nights (a first and last nights') deposit, and all cancellations made after May 12 will entail a forfeiture of this deposit.
- Canceling your meeting registration will result in your hotel room reservation being canceled.
- No company room blocks will be permitted.
Group Room Rates
For your planning purposes, the starting group rates for the NMHC Headquarter and Official Hotels are listed below:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt: standard room rates start at $259 per night
- Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina: standard room rates start at $239 per night
- Embassy Suites San Diego – Downtown: standard suites start at $296 per night
- Marriott San Diego Gaslamp: standard room rates start at $281 per night
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter: standard rooms start at $219 per night
All room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes, which are currently at 12.71%
Please note: The group room rates are special rates for NMHC’s attendees that are only available if you make your reservation through the housing company.
The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, located at 1 Market Place, is approximately 3 miles from San Diego International Airport (Lindbergh Field). For those of you arriving by air, you have the following alternatives for ground transportation:
- San Diego taxi service can be found by following the signs leading to the San Diego International Airport Transportation Plaza. The cost is approximately $15-18 each way and will take approximately 12-15 minutes, depending on traffic.
- For attendees driving to the Manchester Grand Hyatt, self-parking is $40 per night for overnight guests or $8/hour for transit guests with a daily maximum of $45.
- Please note that shuttle service will NOT be provided between the NMHC official hotels and the Manchester Grand Hyatt due to the close proximity of these hotels and the available San Diego public transportation.
NMHC has no affiliation with any soliciting room brokers. If a sleeping room wholesaler contacts you, the offer may not be legitimate and is not part of the official NMHC channels for acquiring a room.
Hotel Information: Please contact Lacey Rimoli-Wiesel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership/Registration Information: Please call the NMHC office at 202/974-2300 or email email@example.com.
Health and Safety Precautions
- Currently, the Manchester Great Hyatt is requiring all attendees to wear a mask at all times outside of their room, except when seated at a table for meals. In addition, all attendees will be required to have a temperature check and health screening at the start of each day.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed throughout the hotel including meeting room sets, dining areas and food service lines.
- Hyatt has enacted a multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment which includes cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention protocol accredited by the GBAC and dedicated hygiene and wellbeing leaders at each hotel to enforce new sanitation protocols. Hotel staff will regularly clean and disinfect surfaces and high-trafficked areas in public spaces, meeting rooms and restrooms.
- Food Service will follow new guidelines for social distancing and cleanliness. With guest safety in mind, open buffets will be replaced with covered individually served options.
- Due to current restrictions, the Annual Dinner and most receptions will not take place in 2021. Since NMHC understands networking has always been a focal part of the event, we are maximizing the space to provide ample opportunities for connecting with other attendees.
Health Screening Information
All attendees must show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours of the first day of attending the conference. If you have been fully vaccinated, you can skip the daily health checks by providing proof of your vaccination in advance or onsite. (NOTE: That would mean you have gotten your second shot or J&J shot by May 24.)
Proof of Vaccination
- Submit your vaccination record online to https://mgl.ud.net/fmi/webd/NMHC by June 4.
- You will receive an approved or declined email from NMHC San Diego <Ambassador@SafeExpo.org>.
Note: Check your spam folder if you do not receive the email.
- Record Declined: Resubmit your record or contact Ambassador@safeexpo.org.
- Record Approved: Bring your approval email with QR code to the Health Screening Station.
- Scan your QR code
- Receive your Fast Vax Pass for the remainder of the conference.
Note: Daily screenings will not be required for those who are verified as fully vaccinated.
After June 4, please bring a copy of your vaccination record to the Health Screening Station.
IMPORTANT: The Health Screening company will not retain your records. Once they have reviewed it, it will be destroyed.
Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test
If you are unable or unwilling to provide proof of vaccination, the state of California requires you to provide a negative COVID-19 test result received within 72 hours (3 days) from the first day of attending the Annual Meeting. In addition, you will need to complete a daily health screening. The process for those without vaccination proof is as follows:
- Complete the Daily Health Attestation Screening online at https://mgl.ud.net/fmi/webd/NMHC
Tip: We recommend you complete this daily attestation before arriving at the Health Screening Station for faster processing.
- Scan your QR Code at the Health Screening Station
- Show your Proof of Negative Test - both Rapid Antigen and PCR tests are accepted
Note: You only need to show the test result the first time you visit the station
- Get your temperature checked by the Health Screening Professionals
- Receive your Daily Sticker.
Note: The health attestation screening and temperature check will need to be completed each day you are at the conference.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
View all 2021 NMHC Chair's Circle and Friends of the Council Sponsors
Additional Meeting Sponsors:
Eastern Union Funding
Heritage Title Company of Austin, Inc.
Pacific Life Insurance Company
The Mogharebi Group
Sponsorship opportunities are no longer available for this meeting.
Exhibits are not available at the NMHC Annual Meeting.