Manchester Grand Hyatt
San Diego, CA
NMHC Members Only event
Registration will be capped at 2,500 and on-site registration will not be available. We will not be able to create a waitlist once capacity is reached.
There will be no Networking Passes this year.
- Our ability to hold the meeting depends on our members’ commitment to adhering to the current venue and state/local health and safety requirements. Key among those is that we strongly discourage firms from bringing additional staff to San Diego who are not registered for the meeting since all events, including subgroup events, will be limited to only registered attendees.
1. Vaxed, Masked and Ready to Go
Wear your mask. You probably don’t need a reminder, but masks are required at all times unless eating and drinking. In addition, attendees must be seated if eating or drinking.
Provide proof of vaccination or a negative test. All attendees will be asked to provide proof of vaccination. If you would prefer not to share that information, you will need to show a negative test within 72 hours of arrival and complete a daily health check in. More details on this process to come.
Be aware of social distancing requirements. Regulatory guidelines require attendees to be seated (and remain seated in the same place) six feet apart during presentations and luncheons. Attendees will not be able to roam around meeting rooms. In addition, there will be protocols for indicating seats have been vacated and are ready for cleaning.
Expect a smaller gathering. As previously announced, attendance will be capped at 2,500 attendees. We will not have networking passes or on-site registrations; transfers will need to be submitted by May 28. In addition, sessions, luncheons and other events will be capped at 150 to 200 people per room.
Expect a different agenda. Health precautions will prevent us from holding some of our regular events, including the Annual Dinner and large opening reception. Committee meetings will also not be held. We will hold our Women’s Event, NMHC PAC Breakfast and Emerging Leaders lunch, although advanced RSVPs will be required. More information on these events will be forthcoming.
2. Networking Will Still Be King (But Different)
We get it. You’re Zoomed out and ready to reconnect with friends and colleagues and even meet some new people. To help you achieve that and still comply with local regulations, we’re rethinking the meeting’s agenda. We’re scaling back on the content to create more time for networking opportunities.
Since health and safety protocols will prevent much of the organic networking you may be used to, attendees are encouraged to plan as many meetings as possible before arriving.
To help you do just that, NMHC will be using the online networking and scheduling app Brella to help members connect. Members will need to use Brella to reserve gathering space for one-on-one meetings, as many of the hotel’s common areas will be restricted.
In the coming weeks, we’ll be sending more information on how to sign up and tips for leveraging that new tool.
3. Stay Tuned, There's More to Come
Given the evolving regulatory environment, we expect that Annual Meeting’s agenda, programming and protocols will be subject to change between now and June. As a result, we anticipate that will require increased communication with attendees in advance of the event, so all can be up to date on what’s happening, along with what requirements will be in place to protect your health and safety.
We highly encourage our members to be sure that NMHC emails are whitelisted, and communication preferences updated so you don’t miss any critical information about registrations and transfers, hotel policies and services, networking platforms and opportunities and meeting agenda details.
Monday, June 7
|10:00 AM - 5:00 PM||Badge Pick-up/Help Desk/Health Screening|
Tuesday, June 8
|8:00 AM - 6:00 PM||Badge Pick-up/Help Desk/Health Screening|
|1:00 PM - 5:00 PM||Networking Rooms|
|2:00 - 4:00 PM||NMHC Women's Event (RSVP Required)|
|5:00 - 6:00 PM||Opening Reception|
Wednesday, June 9
|7:45 AM - 6:00 PM||Badge Pick-up/Help Desk/Health Screening|
|8:00 - 9:15 AM||Breakfast|
|8:00 - 9:15 AM||Board of Directors Breakfast (Executive Committee & Board Members Only; RSVP Required)|
|9:00 AM - 5:00 PM||Networking Rooms|
|9:30 AM - Noon||General Session|
|Noon - 1:30 PM||Networking Lunch|
|Noon - 1:30 PM||Emerging Leaders Lunch (Open to any under-40 attendee; RSVP Required)|
|1:30 - 3:30 PM||Executive Committee Meeting (Executive Committee Members Only; RSVP Required)|
|5:00 - 6:00 PM||Chair's Reception (Invitation Only; RSVP Required)|
Thursday, June 10
|7:45 - 11:30 AM||Badge Pick-up/Help Desk/Health Screening|
|8:00 - 9:00 AM||NMHC PAC Insiders Breakfast (NMHC PAC Contributors Only; RSVP Required)|
|8:00 - 9:15 AM||Breakfast|
|9:00 - 11:30 AM||Networking Rooms|
|9:30 - 11:30 AM||General Session|
Note: Agenda is subject to change.
Registration Closes Friday, May 28.
NMHC’s Annual Meeting is open to NMHC members only. You must first register for the meeting in order to make a hotel reservation request.
- Attendance will be capped at 2,500 members. Online registration closes once the cap is reached. If regulations change and the number of registrants exceed capacity limits, NMHC reserves the right to cancel registrations.
- Once capacity is reached, there will not be a waitlist.
- There will be no on-site registration or transfers.
- There will be no Networking Passes this year.
- Reminder: NMHC membership dues must be current in order to register for the NMHC Annual Meeting. Annual Meeting registrations will automatically be declined if a member company is not in good standing, no exceptions.
Meeting attendance fees or waivers do not include hotel room charges. The registration policy is as follows:
- NMHC Executive Committee Members: receive three (3) complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700
- NMHC Board of Directors Members: receive three (3) complimentary registration and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700
- NMHC Advisory Committee Members: receive two (2) complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700
- 2021 Chair's Circle Sponsors: receive six (6) additional complimentary registrations and may register two (2) additional representatives for a fee of $700 each
- 2021 Friends of the Council: receive four (4) additional complimentary registrations and may register one (1) additional representative for a fee of $700
- Annual Meeting Sponsors: receive one (1) additional complimentary registration
- DEI Founder Sponsor: receive four (4) additional complimentary registrations
- DEI Investor Sponsor: receive two (2) additional complimentary registrations
- DEI Supporter Sponsor: receive one (1) additional complimentary registration
Meeting Transfer/Cancellation Policy
Meeting registrations may be transferred to another employee at your firm (exclusions may apply). Transfer should be submitted by May 28 via email email@example.com with the name of the original registrant and the substitute.
Registration cancellations must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for meeting cancellation refunds received by May 12 are entitled to a full refund. Cancellations received after May 12 are entitled to a refund minus a processing fee of $250.
Hotel cancellation requests must be emailed to email@example.com by May 12 to receive a full refund. After May 12, the deposit - equal to two (2) night’s room and tax plus resort fee (where applicable) - will be forfeited.
However, should NMHC cancel the in-person event after May 12 due to the pandemic, all paid registrations and hotel deposits will be refunded.
Read about our policies and COVID-19 guidelines for this year's meeting >>>
Please contact NMHC’s Membership Department at firstname.lastname@example.org for information regarding registration.
Hotel & Travel
In order to make a hotel reservation request, you will need your Meeting Registration Confirmation Code found on your meeting registration confirmation.
NMHC uses a centralized hotel reservation company to manage hotel reservations for all of our attendees at the NMHC Annual Meeting. They manage reservations at all of the Official Conference Hotels and are able to provide assistance with identifying other hotels in the area if needed.
- Individuals must first register for the meeting before making a hotel reservation request.
- Upon registering for the meeting, you will receive a meeting registration confirmation email which contains a meeting registration confirmation code required to make your reservation request.
- Only members registered for the Annual Meeting (does not include Emerging Leader slot or Networking Pass) are eligible to stay in the main conference hotel (Manchester Grand Hyatt).
- Hotel reservation requests will be acknowledged within 24 hours and confirmed within 14 business days. Note: Room requests received before March 5 may take up to 30 business days to confirm.
- All hotel reservations will require a deposit in the amount equal to two nights (a first and last nights') deposit, and all cancellations made after May 12 will entail a forfeiture of this deposit.
- Canceling your meeting registration will result in your hotel room reservation being canceled.
- No company room blocks will be permitted.
Group Room Rates
For your planning purposes, the starting group rates for the NMHC Headquarter and Official Hotels are listed below:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt: standard room rates start at $259 per night
- Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina: standard room rates start at $239 per night
- Embassy Suites San Diego – Downtown: standard suites start at $296 per night
- Marriott San Diego Gaslamp: standard room rates start at $281 per night
- Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter: standard rooms start at $219 per night
All room rates are subject to applicable state and local taxes, which are currently at 12.71%
Please note: The group room rates are special rates for NMHC’s attendees that are only available if you make your reservation through the housing company.
The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, located at 1 Market Place, is approximately 3 miles from San Diego International Airport (Lindbergh Field). For those of you arriving by air, you have the following alternatives for ground transportation:
- San Diego taxi service can be found by following the signs leading to the San Diego International Airport Transportation Plaza. The cost is approximately $15-18 each way and will take approximately 12-15 minutes, depending on traffic.
- For attendees driving to the Manchester Grand Hyatt, self-parking is $40 per night for overnight guests or $8/hour for transit guests with a daily maximum of $45.
- Please note that shuttle service will NOT be provided between the NMHC official hotels and the Manchester Grand Hyatt due to the close proximity of these hotels and the available San Diego public transportation.
NMHC has no affiliation with any soliciting room brokers. If a sleeping room wholesaler contacts you, the offer may not be legitimate and is not part of the official NMHC channels for acquiring a room.
Hotel Information: Please contact Lacey Rimoli-Wiesel at email@example.com
Membership/Registration Information: Please call the NMHC office at 202/974-2300 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and Safety Precautions
- Currently, the Manchester Great Hyatt is requiring all attendees to wear a mask at all times outside of their room, except when seated at a table for meals. In addition, all attendees will be required to have a temperature check and health screening at the start of each day.
- Social distancing guidelines will be followed throughout the hotel including meeting room sets, dining areas and food service lines.
- Hyatt has enacted a multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment which includes cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention protocol accredited by the GBAC and dedicated hygiene and wellbeing leaders at each hotel to enforce new sanitation protocols. Hotel staff will regularly clean and disinfect surfaces and high-trafficked areas in public spaces, meeting rooms and restrooms.
- Food Service will follow new guidelines for social distancing and cleanliness. With guest safety in mind, open buffets will be replaced with covered individually served options.
- Due to current restrictions, the Annual Dinner and most receptions will not take place in 2021. Since NMHC understands networking has always been a focal part of the event, we are maximizing the space to provide ample opportunities for connecting with other attendees.
Thank you to our generous sponsors!
View all 2021 NMHC Chair's Circle and Friends of the Council Sponsors
Additional Meeting Sponsors:
Eastern Union Funding
Heritage Title Company of Austin, Inc.
Pacific Life Insurance Company
The Mogharebi Group
Sponsor the 2021 NMHC Annual Meeting to highlight your company and receive special benefits at the meeting! Sponsorships are available to NMHC member firms only. Not a member? Learn more here.
Sponsorship Fee: $10,000 (NMHC members only)
Benefits apply to the 2021 NMHC Annual Meeting only and include:
- One (1) free registration to the 2021 NMHC Annual Meeting (as available; attendance is limited to 2,500 people total)
- One (1) credit to allocate to a sponsorship opportunity at the meeting
- Logo included in the on-site sponsor recognition signage
- Logo included in the scrolling PowerPoint Presentations displayed before the start of each general session
- Logo and company profile included in the conference app
- Eligible to host a private subgroup event at the Manchester Grand Hyatt (after April 23, space assigned as available)
- One (1) non-private meeting space in designated networking area (after April 23, space assigned as available)
Benefits are subject to change and apply to the in-person meeting only. Please contact email@example.com for more details regarding the sponsorship cancellation policy.
Are you interested in making a bigger impact or gaining exclusive VIP benefits? Click here to view the benefits of the Chair's Circle and Friends of the Council sponsor levels.
The deadline to sponsor this meeting is Friday, May 7, 2021. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to sign up!
Exhibits are not available at the NMHC Annual Meeting.
Cancellation Deadline is Wednesday, May 12
Registrations and hotel reservations can be completely cancelled without penalty prior to May 12, 2021. For full cancellation policy details, please view our registration policy page.
Registration Closes Friday, May 28
All transfer requests are also due by Friday, May 28. There will be no on-site registration or transfers. Anyone without a valid registration will not be allowed to enter the hotel.