NMHC and NAA staff met with senior officials at the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) on July 7 to provide an update on market conditions facing the multifamily industry. Discussions centered on the impact of COVID-19 on industry performance, the importance of federal support for renters, property owners and managers, the overall availability of capital and the decrease in transactional activity.
The GSE Scorecard for Fannie and Freddie dictates that FHFA seek industry input on their quarterly assess to determine the size of the multifamily market and whether an adjustment to the production cap is warranted. NMHC and NAA are one of the sources that provides input to FHFA’s quarterly analysis.
- House Republicans Introduce Legislation to Address Rental Arrears
- Treasury Fulfills NMHC Request to Establish Online Hub of State and Local Rental Assistance Programs
- FHFA Announces Extension of Enterprise Multifamily Forbearance Program
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Suspends Implementation of New CRA Regulation
- Treasury Releases American Rescue Plan Rental Assistance Funds and Guidance