NMHC and NAA staff met with senior officials at the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA) on July 7 to provide an update on market conditions facing the multifamily industry. Discussions centered on the impact of COVID-19 on industry performance, the importance of federal support for renters, property owners and managers, the overall availability of capital and the decrease in transactional activity.
The GSE Scorecard for Fannie and Freddie dictates that FHFA seek industry input on their quarterly assess to determine the size of the multifamily market and whether an adjustment to the production cap is warranted. NMHC and NAA are one of the sources that provides input to FHFA’s quarterly analysis.
- NMHC Rent Payment Tracker Finds 79.3 Percent of Apartment Households Paid Rent as of August 6
- Congressional Negotiations Stall as President Threatens Executive Order on Evictions
- FHFA Announces Multifamily Owners Under Forbearance Agreements Must Communicate Resident Protections
- Apartment Industry Weighs in Regarding Paycheck Protection Program
- NMHC and Business Community Amplify Call for Liability Protection