WASHINGTON, D.C. - Statement from the National Multifamily Housing Council (NMHC) and National Apartment Association (NAA) following the passage of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act by Congress.
“The National Multifamily Housing Council and the National Apartment Association applaud Congress on the passage of tax reform legislation and are pleased that the priorities of the apartment housing industry were largely addressed in the final bill. This legislation will help the multifamily industry meet growing demand to build 4.6 million new units by 2030. As the focus now changes to implementation, NMHC/NAA will continue to analyze and assess the impact of specific provisions on the multifamily industry."
- NMHC Outlines Solutions to Address Housing Affordability Crisis
- Real Estate Coalition Letter on ADS Tax Reform
- Real Estate Industry Continues to Press for 30-Year Depreciation Period for Multifamily Buildings
- End-Of-Year House Tax Bill Includes Beneficial Provision But Lacks Depreciation Fix
- House Votes to Make Permanent Tax Cuts for Pass-Through Businesses