“We applaud passage of the Terrorism Risk Insurance program Reauthorization Act (TRIA) of 2015 by an overwhelming 93-4 majority in the Senate today and by a vote of 416-5 in the House.
“TRIA and subsequent extensions of the program have been the mechanism that provides ready access to affordable terrorism coverage for apartment property owners, developers and managers across the country.
“NMHC/NAA, along with our partners in the Coalition to Insure Against Terrorism (CIAT), worked tirelessly to advocate for a TRIA reauthorization since early 2013 and we urge President Obama to quickly sign the bill into law.”
Learn more about apartments at www.weareapartments.org.
- Senate Takes an Early Look at Terrorism Risk Insurance Reauthorization
- Coalition Letter to Senate Banking Committee Regarding Terrorism Risk Insurance - June 2019
- Multifamily Industry Applauds Terrorism Insurance Passage
- Congress Goes Home Without Renewing Terrorism Insurance
- Coalition Calls on Senate to Renew Terrorism Insurance