Slidesets from presentations will be posted as they be come available.
Thursday, April 7
9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
Data Workshop | PDF
- Selma Hepp, Executive, Research and Insights & Deputy Chief Economist, CoreLogic
- Mark Obrinsky, Senior Vice President, Research and Chief Economist, National Multifamily Housing Council
1:10 - 2:10 p.m.
Economic Outlook | PDF
What’s the outlook for inflation and Fed policy? Will higher interest rates cause cap rates to rise? How will global tensions affect the U.S. economic outlook?
- Cristian deRitis, Deputy Chief Economist, Moody’s Analytics
2:10 - 2:55 p.m.
Is Housing Undersupplied? | PDF
The pandemic has seen historically low vacancy rates for the rental market and a chronic lack of for-sale housing. There have also been major population shifts in this period as well. How do these trends impact our overall housing stock?
- Joe Pecora, Head of US Residential Research and Strategy, DWS
- Len Kiefer, Macro Housing Econ Senior Director and Deputy Chief Economist, Freddie Mac
- Chris Porter, Chief Demographer, John Burns Real Estate Consulting
4:10 - 5:00 p.m.
Apartment Markets Around the Country | PDF
- Aimee Baumiller, Vice President, Senior Market Analyst, PNC Bank
*Note: The presentation for the session The Feasibility of Converting Commercial Real Estate to Apartments is not available.
Friday, April 8
10:30 - 10:40 a.m.
NMHC Research Data Overview | PDF
- Claire Gray, Analyst, National Multifamily Housing Council
10:40 - 11:40 a.m.
Data Availability and Use in the ESG Discussion | PDF
Investors increasingly expect companies to have a solid ESG plan in place. This means different things to different companies, however. Hear from our panel of experts on what variables to include when setting goals and determining success (or failure) and how to measure those variables.
- Caitlin Sugrue Walter, Vice President, National Multifamily Housing Council
*Note: The presentation for the session Future Demand for Apartments is not available.