As Pride Month commences, NMHC proudly celebrates the many contributions of the LGBTQ+ community and continues to advocate for inclusion and equity for all—no matter our sexuality or gender identity.
To further advance these goals, we urge the U.S. Senate to pass the NMHC-supported Equality Act, which bans discrimination based on gender identity and sexual orientation. Prior to its February 2021 House passage, NMHC signaled support by submitting a comment letter for the record.
“Equality of opportunity is a key pillar of our great democracy—one that allows all people to pursue their American Dream—and part of what makes our nation exceptional,” the industry letter reads. “Our industries, representing and employing tens of millions of American residents, understand this basic fact and have been at the forefront of efforts to combat discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity in housing, and in the workplace.”
- NMHC Weighs in with FHFA Regarding Proposed Enterprise Plans
- NMHC and NAA Comment Letter on Enterprise Housing Equity Plans
- NMHC Commemorates Asian and Pacific Islander American Heritage Month
- NMHC Offers Complimentary Membership to Gender-Diverse and Minority-Owned Firms
- House Passes NMHC-Supported Equality Act