Next week, NMHC will participate in a Housing Innovation Showcase sponsored by HUD. The event will take place June 10-12 on the National Mall and will feature a series of panels on how innovation can help lower the cost to produce housing.
On June 9, NMHC’s VP for Research, Caitlin Walter will join NAHB Chief Economist Rob Dietz to introduce new research the two organizations have collaborated on to determine how much regulations add to the cost of new development. Other speakers will include Secretary Marcia L. Fudge, federal leaders, homebuilders, subject-matter experts, and others.
This new research is part of NMHC’s ongoing multi-prong effort to help policymakers better understand how to effectively address the nation’s affordable housing crisis and to pushback on “quick fixes” such as rent control that only exacerbate the problem.
NMHC members can livestream the session by registering via the link below.
- Date: Thursday, June 9, 2022, at 1:00 p.m. ET
- Register At: https://www.zoomgov.com/meeting/register/vJItce6srTMiHjQ4GrhzfTuVJod5rlTC8E0 (at capacity as of 6/8/2022)
- Watch a live stream at:
Find more information on the 2022 HUD Innovation Showcase at https://www.hud.gov/innovative_housing
- Coalition Complaint Regarding WOTUS
- Department of Energy Releases Guidance on HVAC Rule Compliance
- Biden Administration Moves to Rescind Trump-Era Navigable Waters Rule
- NMHC Selected to Represent Industry on IECC Code Development Committee
- President Biden Reaches Deal on Bipartisan Infrastructure Proposal