On July 1, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) issued guidance (NOTICE H 20-07) for properties where the owner is receiving forbearance mortgage payment relief. The guidance extends the eviction moratorium and renter protections for all HUD-insured or HUD-held mortgages while under forbearance.
Alongside the guidance, HUD also issued a new online brochure. The brochure, Promoting Housing Stability During The Covid-19 National Emergency, “encourages owners of multifamily properties to provide flexibilities to residents who may be struggling financially as a result of COVID-19.”
Within both documents, HUD outlined a number of tenant protections as conditions of any new, extended, or amended forbearance arrangements due to the COVID-19 emergency for a multifamily property.
- FHFA Issues Proposed Rule Making to Amend Enterprise Capital Rule
- NMHC Leads Coalition Opposing Eviction Moratorium Provision in Proposed ERAP Legislation
- Treasury and FHFA Announce Suspension of Portions of 2021 Preferred Stock Agreements
- Real Estate Coalition Letter Opposing Eviction Moratorium in H.R. 5196
- Representing the Nation’s Apartment Industry, Chairman and CEO of Waterton, David Schwartz, Testifies Before the House Committee on Financial Services