On July 1, the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) issued guidance (NOTICE H 20-07) for properties where the owner is receiving forbearance mortgage payment relief. The guidance extends the eviction moratorium and renter protections for all HUD-insured or HUD-held mortgages while under forbearance.
Alongside the guidance, HUD also issued a new online brochure. The brochure, Promoting Housing Stability During The Covid-19 National Emergency, “encourages owners of multifamily properties to provide flexibilities to residents who may be struggling financially as a result of COVID-19.”
Within both documents, HUD outlined a number of tenant protections as conditions of any new, extended, or amended forbearance arrangements due to the COVID-19 emergency for a multifamily property.
- House Republicans Introduce Legislation to Address Rental Arrears
- Treasury Fulfills NMHC Request to Establish Online Hub of State and Local Rental Assistance Programs
- FHFA Announces Extension of Enterprise Multifamily Forbearance Program
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Suspends Implementation of New CRA Regulation
- Treasury Releases American Rescue Plan Rental Assistance Funds and Guidance