Resident Screening and Consumer Reporting
Here is a summary of NMHC’s research and information on Resident Screening and Consumer Reporting
This paper discusses the myriad laws, regulations and standards that already regulate, or may soon regulate, the use of algorithms in the housing context and provides an overview of calls raised for additional regulation—with particular focus on the use of AI in operational processes like resident screening and leasing.
During this NMHC advocacy update webinar, staff walk through several burgeoning topics, including the White House's two-art resident-centric housing affordability plan that includes a “Blueprint for a Renters Bill of Rights” and a “Resident-Centered Housing Challenge."
More information on Resident Screening and Consumer Reporting, in addition to the NMHC/NAA viewpoint.Read More
When it comes to economic mobility and housing affordability, the power of renter payment reporting is suddenly front and center in the multifamily space. Learn the potential advantages of consumer-permissioned programs and why some operators chose to do more. Host Alison Johnson is joined by veteran multifamily industry attorney Jay Harris.
- NMHC-NAA Letter to Senate Banking Subcommittee for Hearing on Rental Fees
- NMHC-NAA Comments to FTC/CFPB on Resident Screening RFI
- Letter to House Financial Services Committee Regarding the Comprehensive Consumer Credit Reporting Reform Act of 2019
- NMHC/NAA Senate Banking Letter Regarding Credit Reporting Hearing
- NMHC White Paper: Artificial Intelligence & Resident Screening: Considerations for the Rental Housing Industry
- Understanding CapEx Goals for PropTech
- NMHC White Paper - Renter Payment Reporting: Considerations for Rental Housing Operators
- 2022 NMHC/Grace Hill Renter Preferences Survey Report
- Consumer Reports What Information Furnishers Need to Know