The use of music by an apartment community may require a license to avoid violating copyright law. The copyrights involved in music are complex and must be clearly understood to determine when a license may be required and what type of license is appropriate.
More information on music licensing, in addition to the NMHC/NAA viewpoint.Read More
- DOJ Retains Music Licensing Consent Decrees After 1.5 Year Long Review
- Multifamily Industry and Congress Urge DOJ Not to Upend Music Licensing Market
- Music Copyright and Licensing Addressed by Congress
- Music Licensing Analysis Provides Guidance to Apartment Companies
- Managing Risks: What We Learned at OPTECH